Hat Update

awidick
on 9/1/05 1:38 pm - Spanaway, WA
Don't know what happened to my last message I posted but here it is again. I hope it doesn't show up twice. If it does, I'm sorry. I talked with Hat a little while ago. It was so good to hear her in such an upbeat mood. She loves her new body. She said the surgeon did a wonderful job on her. I can't wait to see her. She was still on morphine so she didn't have a care in the world. I told her I would call her tomorrow or the next day to see how she is doing and I will update you all then. If you would like to wish her a speedy recovery, you can do so at: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/status.phtml?N=B1077789113 Thank you Arlene
JustHat
on 9/2/05 1:36 am - NM
I was on morphine with a percoset kicker. I was more than happy. If you couldn't tell, I was really happy to hear from you. I LOVE my new body. I have pictures, but don't know if I have what I need to get them uploaded. She said she only took a little under a pound of skin. But, it makes all the difference in the work. My breasts are huge. And, I love them. We decided to go with 400 cc. At first she wanted to go much smaller. But, after thinking about my bone structure and height, she said she thought this would be the right size. And, I agree. They are still high and haven't dropped yet. But, so far so good. I have a new cute little belly button. And, my belly is so flat. My recovery is going better than anyone could have guessed. The night of surgery and yesterday, I was walking fully upright. My surgeon said she didn't care if I could or not, but I had to bend a little especially when I am standing. Last night, I realized it was time for my pain meds. I had the prescription filled last week and brought it with me. But, it seems I have lost the meds. DH was upset and worried that I would be in too much pain. I said we would go the night and see how I do. I did great. I don't think I am really going to need many pills. And, after being high for 2 days, I am kind of happy to be drug free. My pain is low this morning. I feel pressure on my chest (like someone is sitting my chest and making it a little hard to breath) and my belly is tight enough that I have to bend a little now. I got in trouble in the hospital for not staying in bed. I wanted to be up and walking all the time. I didn't sleep while I was there. They gave me an IV pump with a low battery. So, I spent most of my time walking and trying to get the darn thing to charge enough that I could go for another walk. Finally, I ran the battery down so much that they had to give me another one. I don't know why they didn't do it earlier. I would have been much less of a pain to them. I can't say the staff was all that great. There were a few people that were great. But, most of the staff seemed annoyed when ever I wanted or needed anything. I got rude a few times myself. And, I got what I needed. I think I had trouble with the night staff because they are used to having their patients sleep at night and free them up to more important things such as making plans for this weekend. But, they saw things my way in the end. I didn't eat the whole time I was in the hospital. They brought me mostly foods made with sugar as the main ingredient. I did get some broth, but it was high in salt. I didn't want to swell. And, I didn't want to throw up. So, I stuck to milk and juice. I couldn't get them to understand that if I ate sugar, I would throw up. So, if your going in to the hospital, you might want to take a few protein bars with you just in case. I asked my doc yesterday if I could go to the biker ralley on Sunday. I have been looking forward to it all summer. She chuckled and said that she didn't see a reason to not go if I felt like it. But, she warned me to be careful of the drunks. She didn't want someone to hurt me. The kids will be with us, so we are going to stay in the more not drinking areas. OK time to draw this to an end. I am going to see if I can get those pictures posted. Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. I know they helped.! Arlene, thank you so much for watching out for me and being my angel. It meant the world to me. Hat
Happy Clam
on 9/2/05 4:55 am - Seattle, WA
It's great to hear you're doing so well, Hat. Can't wait to see the pix. Happy Clam
Most Active