Oh my gosh---protein

awidick
on 9/1/05 5:46 am - Spanaway, WA
OMG, at our support group meeting last week at Barnes and Noble, I talked with Debbie Clark who is a nurse. I found out that I needed alittle more information from my doctor about the surgery I had. Dr. Weber told me that he bypassed more on my surgery than the normal and that I needed an additional 40 grams of protein a day on top of what I was getting. So needless to say, I need to be getting atleast 100 grams in a day. Maybe that's why the weight loss has slowed down. So, I guess I will go not and chug down that protein. Arlene
debidoo
on 9/1/05 7:49 am - lakewood, WA
Arlene, Chug a lug, maybe that weight loss will jump start again!! now that i have 4 days and a wake up i have been trying to figure out many ways to drink that stuff 3-4 times a day.... getting pretty good at it but i suppose after surgery none of it will taste the same oh well, i at least am trying to get through this week Debbie
lilchickad
on 9/1/05 10:13 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hey Arlene, I would suggest the protein that I was talking about when we all met. The protica...you can get it at profect.com...25 grams of protein in 2.7 ounces. It is a little pricey, but worth it if you have a hard time with protein supplements. Good Luck! Laura
JustHat
on 9/4/05 2:46 pm - NM
How did you add more protein to your diet? I am already eating 4 to 5 protein bars a day plus a meal. So, I am at over 100 grams. But, my labs are low. I need more. But, I don't want more calories. And, how is your eating over all? Are you starting to feel more normal? Congrats on getting things moving again. Hat
JustHat
on 9/4/05 2:47 pm - NM
OH and did he tell you exactly how much he bypassed?
Most Active