Going to try again!

LRoman
on 8/31/05 5:56 am - Aberdeen, WA
It has been over two years since I last went and seen a doctor to do the RNY surgery and was turned down. I have medicaid for my medical and they said that they were denying me because there was no scientifical medical evidence that showed that if I had the surgery that I would not have the problems I have. See I am morbidly obese and have high blood pressure, diabetes (type 2 and on pills), arthritis, asthma, agoraphobia and am being tested for COPD and Sleep Apnea. At the time of my denial I had high blood pressure, diabetes(not yet treated by med), arthriitis, asthma, and agoraphobia. I was devistated when they told me no. Well, I have nurses from the "nurseline" that calls me about some of my problems and just recently was called by one about weight lose. She told me that in the past year or so they have come out with new reports about obese people and diabetes and have found that if they loose the weight it does help. So she told me to go back to my doctor and have her start the process again to see if I can have the surgery done. I live in Aberdeen, Washington and need to know where the closest doctor to me is that takes medicaid? Any other info anyone can give me is much appreciated.
Most Active