Madigan Army Hospital PCM's/PCP's.

Sandra W.
on 8/29/05 6:19 am - Fort Lewis, WA
Ok, I am having a really hard time finding an off-post PCM/PCP that takes Tricare West so now I need some recommendations for PCM's/PCP's that work at the Madigan Army Hospital (recommendations for PCM's from an Navy or Air Force Hospital would also be great, as long as it is not to far away from Tacoma). I am looking for a good PCM/PCP that does not judge overweight people, is friendly (sense of humor a plus, incl. office staff), listens to his/her patient, has time for the patient and is for, not against WLS! If you know a PCM/PCP in any of the Army,Navy or Air Force Hospitals, please let me know, Thank you so much for your time and help! Best wishes to all, Sandy
Darcy
on 8/29/05 6:35 am - Washington State
Hello. I'm not sure if Dr. Prarie is still there...My husband got out of the Army 9/05. At the time, Dr. Prarie was all for me having WLS. VERY nice man and he was there at Madigan. I hope that this helps. Not sure if you've looked into it...But, you might also want to consider having the Duodenal Switch. I just had the DS on July 20th and things are going GREAT! I couldn't be happier with everything. If you want ANY info on it, let me know...I will be MORE than HAPPY to help you. Good luck! ~Darcy
S Andrews
on 9/5/05 3:20 am - eatonville, WA
Hi Sandy, Don't know if this will hel*****t but I went thru Madigan to have my labs and everything done then had my surgery on the outside. Dr. Bui , who is in family practice supported my desire to have WLS and sent me to see Dr. Carter -a surgeon who does WLS at Madigan.Because they were back logged several years I was allowed to go on the outside. In May Dr. Mark Nyreen performed my surgery- an open RNY at St. Clair Hospital and Tri Care picked up everything but my copay which was like $24 for the surgery. The whole process from start to finish took me approx.4 mos and I was so impressed with everyone . My surgeon was excellent.I now see the dietician out at Madigan and she sets up my labs along with my surgeon. Tricare picks up all after care with your surgeon also. It has worked out nicely.If you have any questions please email me and I will be happy to help. Sharon A
Tanja Y
on 10/5/05 6:46 am - Wahiawa, HI
I know I'm late on this but I have to suggest my old PCP I had at Madigan. Dr. McCarthy, he's just awesome. As a matter of fact he's the one *****ccomended I have WLS. The first time I saw him it was because my PCP was off and he was such an awesome doctor I went that very same day and filled out the forms to make him my primary doctor. When we PCS'd to Hawaii a few months ago I saw him right before I left and asked him if he minded going with me; I didn't want to give him up as my doctor. He is definately non-predjuadicial against overweight people and is pro-WLS. Outgoing and friendly and you never feel rushed thru a visit with him. So unlike so many doctors at MMTF, he actually treats you as a person, not just a number with a file. ~Tanja
Most Active