VBG or RNY

Camano-Tina
on 8/27/05 8:45 am - Camano Island, WA
Hi, My name is Santina. I am fairly new to this group, and have been anxious to find out as much as possible about WLS (especially, Open RNY and VBG. I am in the process of doing all the tests. Have picked a surgeon, Dr. James Weber, but having a difficult time deciding which surgery to have done. I live on Camano Island, and want to know if there are any local support groups in the area where I can meet and talk with others. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated. Please explain your experience, strength and hope. Especially, if you have any suggestions and are happy or unhappy with your decision. Anything you would have done differently? Has your life changed since surgery? If so, how has it changed? Future Candidate WLS, Santina
JustHat
on 8/28/05 4:06 pm - NM
Has my life changed? Oh boy has it. Everything is different. On my anniversary, I wanted to list all of the great things that have come from my WLS. But, I don't even know where to begin. I am a new person. I am very happy with my choice to have RNY. For me, I needed the punishment of making wrong choices. I know someone that didn't want as any restrictions as I have (even though there are a lot) and hates to throw up. So, after talking over her fears and desires, she and Dr Weber decided she was better off having a VBG. Last I heard, it was working well for her. All I can suggest is talking with Dr. W ang getting his suggestions. There are pros and cons for both. Good luck, Hat
Camano-Tina
on 8/31/05 2:51 pm - Camano Island, WA
Dear Hat: Thank you for your post. I appreciate your share. Is there anyone out there who knows of a "live" support group in my area (anywhere between Bellingham and Everett). thanks, Santina
Most Active