a bit embarrassed to ask...

Luna_Rose
on 8/26/05 4:40 am - Wenatchee, WA
but I have to know. For you ladies: Do you or did you experience soreness issues in the outer vaginal area after urination, due to being unable to wipe front to back? This may end up being an over-share, but I am at my wit's end, and before I go and embarrass the crap out of myself at the doc's, I thought I would ask for some feedback. The outer part of my vagina , including my labia and lips, is sore. It feels like a million tiny scratches, and the top of my lips ( right before they open) feels torn. I know that ideally we should wipe front to back, but I have been unable to for awhile...damn short arms. I am seeing my PCP in a week, and just wanted to get some feedback before I go in. It is not like a UTI or bladder infection; the pain is all outside of the vagina. Thanks y'all Cindy
Lore
on 8/26/05 7:38 am - Tacoma, WA
Hi Cindy I know that some times different brands of toilet paper can be harsh to the skin so you may want to try a different brand. Also the flushable moist wipes can be very soothing and clean better. After bathing a small amount of hydrcortisone cream to the out side skin for a day or two may help. If this does not offer you any releif your Doc is your best bet. Good Luck Also cotton underware although not sexy!!!!!! can help. Feel better! Lore
karen C.
on 8/26/05 12:16 pm - Kennewick, WA
Hi Cindy, I had frequent urinary and bladder infections prior to surgery. I too was unable to cleanse myself properly. I'm happy to report that after losing 120 lbs. I can now perform those necessary tasks that "normal" weight people take for granted. A couple of ideas. I used to keep a squeeze water bottle or a squirt bottle next to the toilet. I would fill it with warm, clean water after I went to the bathroom and rinse with that. It felt good and I think it really helped to cleanse the area. "Air" drying seemed to help also if you have the time. At one point right before surgery, at 377 lbs. I had to use an old towel and kind of "seesaw" it between my legs in an effort to dry myself. I am so thankful that I no longer have to do that. Best wishes, Karen
tremza7
on 9/2/05 4:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
Just my 2 cents worth....sounds more like a yeast infection. That can feel like a ton of tiny "scratches" on your labia. I get then almost everytime I'm on antibiotics. Just a thought...Good luck! Tammy 310/203/175
Most Active