Nutrition Consult TriWest

Janna B.
on 8/24/05 3:59 am - Silverdale, WA
If anyone has used TriWest with Dr. James Weber and needed a nutritional consult, what was required? Did you use TriWest to cover it or pay out of your pocket and how many visits are required, etc. Thanks so much for your input!
KuuipoCloud
on 8/24/05 9:51 am - Oak Harbor, WA
I'm a Weber patient and use TriWest. I'm up in Oak Harbor and just used our nutritionist here on base. Do you have one on base there near where you are? Michelle
Rachael E.
on 8/24/05 1:14 pm
Yeah just go to the navy hospitol at Bremerton, but take what they say with a grain of salt- they have no idea what they are talking about. KNow what your diet is to be after surgery but don't go by what they say. You'll be fine....ask your PCM for a ref to the dietary clinic. Rachael
ANGEL O
on 8/24/05 5:35 pm - Bremerton, WA
Janna, if you can't find a nutricionist email me and I will give you the name of one that I found who is in Poulsbo. She is good and I just got over a 6 month supervised diet with her. Love and prayers. ANGEL
Cori T.
on 8/25/05 1:54 am - Neah Bay, WA
I used Dr. Weber and am on Triwest. I used the one they recommended at Stevens Hospital. I had to pay for it out of pocket. Seems to me it was something like $125 (and felt like a waste of time to me, she basically just read the packet to me)
S Andrews
on 8/25/05 4:33 am - eatonville, WA
I used an outside surgeon thru TriWest and use Madigan dieticians. They submit for my lab work each month and fax the info to my surgeon. I find the dietician to be helpful. She lets me know if I'm on track because I am a slow loser. I not paying out of pocket for anything. Its probably a drive for you. I travel 35 miles each way but find it ot be worth it.
Janna B.
on 8/29/05 3:02 pm - Silverdale, WA
Thanks everyone for your reponses! The Bremerton Naval Hospital requires a 6 month supervised diet program and I don't want to wait 6 more months. I contacted the hospital here in Silverdale and found a dietician. I will be making an appointment with them. They say they are familiar with the WLS nutrition requirements. I will let you know how it goes. Janna
Most Active