Plastics at Madigan anyone?

Rachael E.
on 8/23/05 1:10 pm
Has anyone had or know anyone who has had a pannelectomy or breast aug/lift done at Madigan? I am so sick of this skin I am thinking of having a party- bring your own staples and knives type of thing. I am not interested in any of the plastic surgeons in my area especially if I have to pay any of it....so I was figuring why the hell not? Madigan always has opoening for that crap- they do it everyday, they should have it down pretty good by now right? When Derek (my DH) had his surgery there the two ladies in the room next to him had pannelectomies, but I never got a chance to talk with them. I just wanna know what to expect if I go with them. I like how it's quick with them....no approvals and all. Thanks for all the help in advance. Rachael
JustHat
on 8/23/05 2:25 pm - NM
I know people that have had surgery there. And, they are all happy with the results. The only complaint I have heard is that they won't remove any fat. I knew someone that had all of the skin removed, but had a little fat roll right above her scar. That bothered her a little, but not as much as the extra skin. And, it was still within the 6 month window when I last talked to her about it. Chances are, it went down and wasn't noticable at all. It could have been swelling and not fat. She didn't have much fat left on her body. A week from tonight, DH and I will be spending a night alone in a hotel for the first time in years. And, a week from tomorrow, I will be take the last step of my journey. I am so excited! Hat
Rachael E.
on 8/24/05 4:00 am
Hat, I am excited for you!!! I want details...in pictures. I know you are a little picture shy, but I don't care if you don't show your face, I just want to know what to expect. I talked with the plastics clinic at Madigan today and they were very helpful. She said they have one doc right now and they would be getting a new one sometime in Oct. I don't have that kind of timeline due to Hawaii, but she said she knows of some docs that have transferred to HI and I guess they are doing good things there....so I guess it's gunna be awhile. D leaves for 6 months shortly after we get there so it's pretty much out of the question for at least a year. I might get my boobs done while he's gone...you'll hgave to let me know the recovery on that. My Mom will be out for a visit after christmas and then again in the spring so I know I have a little window for that to be done. I can't wait to hear about your PS experience. Keep me posted....you know we are all thinking about you. Rachael
jnmlbc99
on 8/23/05 10:40 pm - belfair, wa
Racheal, I tried to get in there and they told me that they are to full with soldiers right now. If you find out anything different will you please let me know and who it was that you talked to. I don't have the cash flow for Dr. Dry, even though I really want him to do it. I did get my letter from tricare saying they need more medical evidence, they lady on the phone said denied, but the letter said more evidence please, so while I am off to MI today for two weeks (my one year visit) I will gather what they need. maria
sttar
on 8/26/05 7:58 am - fort Lewis, wa
I don't need much on my stomach but,my breast really need alot of help. I have a hard time finding bras. I was told they wouldn't do breast lift so I quess I'm stuck with these tube sock looking things untill I can afford to pay out of pocket.Which will me never.
JustHat
on 8/28/05 4:21 pm - NM
Tricare is still paying for breast reductions. And, I have heard that they have lowered their requirements for qualifying for the surgery. But, they are being harder to deal with. I was denied flat out for my TT and BA and not given a reason. I appealed, but ran out of time. Start building your case right away. Complain about that neck pain, backaches and rashes. Whine, whine, whine. Also, if it is causing your emotional issues, then see a head doc and start documenting that too. It helps. Check this out on the PS forum. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/plasticsurgery/postdetail/8473.html?vc=0 "I lerned something new yesterday! Apparently, the minimum amoun removed ffor triwest/Tricare to cover a breast reduciton has been lowered from 450 grams to 350 grams. My PS's insurance handler read this off to me yesterday. Undoubtedly, there are more requirements than that to have it covered, but I know I was always told the minimum was 450 grams! Not sure fi this will help anyone, but thought I'd post it just in case!" "The 350 gram requirement is for a breast reduction, meaning Tricare requires there be a minimum of 350 grams of tissue to be removed from each side to consider approval for payment on a breast reduction." Hat
Most Active