Need help with food

chunkable
on 8/23/05 12:20 am - federal way, wa
Hi guys I had my surgery in mexico so I have no real aftercare and Im so confused on what to eat. I have lost 100 pounds so far in 7 months but I have another 70 to go and I've noticed I haven't lost even a pound in 2 months. I've been doing low carb dieting and feel like maybe I shouldn't be maybe I should just be watching my calories and not trying to stick to atkins... Can anyone help me with what to eat... I need like a daily idea of what to have for breakfast lunch and dinner. Sometimes I feel like Im eating too much and my old cravings and hunger pains have come back Im hungry even when I know I am not... My head tells me to eat something.. Can anyone help ?? Give me an idea of what you eat or what you ate to get to goal.. Im working out 3 days a week at curves so there is no reason I should be so stalled... Please help. Cindy 345/245
findinglisa
on 8/23/05 2:20 am - Bothell, WA
I was having the exact same problem about six weeks ago, even though my surgery was local and I have good aftercare. I had a nice long sit down visit with a new (to me) nutritionist that has a lot of experience with WLS patients. It was $125 for the visit, but some of the best money I've spent post-op. I now have a guideline menu posted to my fridge and I know each morning a rough outline of what I need to eat and when. It has greatly improved my quality of life, and my weightloss has increased, too. E-mail me if you would like more info on how to contact the nutritionist. I'd be happy to refer you. L.
Mari J
on 8/24/05 10:58 am - Kent, WA
Group Health has you pay $1450.00 for a year of nutritional counselling. It has been helpful so far and it is nice to have a bi-weekly call to encourage you, review your food choices, and give you new ideas or help. This service is called "Free and Clear" and you don't have to be in GHC to get it. (yes, they also have a quit smoking program.) Ask about their Bariatric program. Free & Clear, Inc. 999 3rd Avenue, Suite 2100 Seattle, WA 98104 Toll-free: 1-866-QUIT-4-LIFE (784-8454) Tel: 206.876.2100 Fax: 206.876.2101 Mari
Mcfatpants
on 8/23/05 2:28 am - bellevue, WA
Hey Cindy, congrats on the loss. Try keeping a journal of what you are eating and record the ounces of everything, calories, carbs and protein grams in everything. Make sure you are keeping your carbs down to 100 grams in a day, that's about 20 grams per meal, keep your protein grams between 80-100 grams a day, keep the calories between 100-1200 a day, and keep the liquids(all non-cafinated{sp?} liquids) to at least 70 ounces a day. Since you are exercising you are also building muscle mass which weighs more than fat, so your body is still in the ongoing process of redistributing everything. I didn't lose anything for a period of over 4 months but kept exercising like a demon and the weight finally started to come off again. I usually start off the day with a protein shake in a 25 ounce container. I use 2 scoops of the Matrix 5.0 vanilla, nonfat milk and ice, shake it up and sip away the morning. For a snack I have a carb smart yogurt, lunch is another protein shake, snack is some non salted natural almonds or cashews, and for dinner I have 4 oz of salmon or chicken with 4 oz of tom & cuke, and 2 TBSP of corn. I make sure that I don't drink any liquids an hour before meals and no liquids for an hour after meals. After a workout I make sure to eat a half a cup of nonfat cottage cheese with pineaple and during a workout I make sure to drink a lot of water. During the day I make sure and fill up my 32 oz container with sugar free crystal light and sip away on that to get all my liquids in. Hope this helps on your continued journey of success.
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/05 2:33 pm - Yakima, WA
Please feel free to visit my website - www.bariatricbytes.com (especially the Food Related Topics link) - I have my diet that I used posted there along with around 200 WLS-friend/family-friendly recipes, and a lot of postop eating tips and tricks - may give you some ideas. (((HUGS)))
Most Active