?? for people a year out

sttar
on 8/22/05 6:07 am - fort Lewis, wa
Have any of you worried about gaining your wieght back and has anyone develope any eating disoders?? Sorry for spelling. I'm a year out and was juast wandering please reply.
craigerzz
on 8/22/05 7:49 am - Klamath Falls, OR
I worry about that often. I havn't developed any eating disorders postop(knock on wood!). Sometimes I think I can eat too much and that always bugs me. Craigerzz 379/225/200
lilchickad
on 8/22/05 1:25 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Craig I just wanted to tell you, YOU LOOK FABULOUS!! I hope you feel as good as you look. I saw a post by you the other day on the main board, and I just looked at the pic and was like I wonder who that is...then I saw it was YOU!! WOW!!! We are about the same distance out, and I too worry that I can eat too much sometimes. It is weird how sometimes I can eat what I feel is a lot, and the next time I sit down to eat, I can hardly eat 5 bites. I guess it all evens out over time. I am down to 109 pounds and still losing about 1 pound per two weeks. I would love to have a lower body lift by Dr. Oh, but I doubt he will do it until I stop losing. I am ready to stop losing, I think I could quickly get too thin. What a problem to have eh??? I cannot even believe I am thinking about being too thin...LOLOL I hope your wife is doing well. Take Care! Laura
Mcfatpants
on 8/22/05 11:09 am - bellevue, WA
I only worry about gaining the weight back on top of still trying to lose the last 20 lbs that don't want to come off. I really have to keep a journal EVERY day of how much protein and liquids I get in. If I get under 100 grams of protein and 70 oz of liquids, the scale doesn't move. I didn't lose for about 4 months and when I started keeping my journal again and watching the protein and liquids, the scale started moving, even just a little bit, bit it did start moving again. I do have to watch how much I obsess over the scale. I limit myself to weighing myself only once a week. Hope this helps.
Rachael E.
on 8/23/05 1:03 pm
HI, I often wonder the same thing. I am OBSESSED with my weight and how and what I eat. It was brought to my attention about 4 months ago....that was before I thought anything of it. My Mom and hubbie keep telling me they are going to admit me to a rehab center if I don't stop getting smaller. I think now that we have gone to the extent of having surgery we are just worried about getting our old bodies back and it's a constant thought in our minds.....I don't really think it's a huge problem. Although....my goal keeps getting lower and lower...my Doc told me last time I should be done losing weight, but that was about 20lbs ago...and I think I could lose another 20 maybe 15. It kind of feels like I am expected to be tiny now that I have had surgery- you know....co-workers, friends, family, people look at you and it's like they are charting everything for you. Does anyone else feel like this? Rachael
JustHat
on 8/23/05 2:19 pm - NM
I wondered about dealing with an eating disorder at about 6 months out. But, I have trouble commiting to such things. For me, it was about changing my focus on moving the scales to something else. I stopped losing at about 10 months out. Like Rachel, I kept lowering my goal. But, when I got into the mid 130s, my body just stopped losing. It didn't matter how much or how little I ate. I figured that I had found my natural resting place. And, I was starting to look into PS. So, I figured I had lost almost half of my body weight and I should just be happy with that. Then last week, I found out my thyroid is way out of whack again. My first thought was...Woohoo, now I can start losing again when I get it under control again. But, the truth is, I don't have much fat left to lose. I would love to have my body fat calculated. My butt is small enough that sitting on hard or semi hard surfaces hurts. My tummy is flat enough that poeple are shocked when I say I am having a TT. My PS said to NOT lose any more weight. When I asked her about lipo, she said there wasn't anything left to lipo. I do have some inner thigh fat that I wouldn't miss. My legs are not runway model thin. But, they are muscular and I am not willing to lose muscle just to lose pounds. Someone asked DH if I was a body builder a couple of weeks ago. OK so that is the long asnwer. The short answer would be that I started to obsess about my weight. But, recognizing my health is what is important is what keeps that in check. But, I can say that it isn't uncommon for WLS patients to get caught up in the scale numbers. I know someone that went way too low before realizing that she wasn't healthy any longer. She put back on 15 pounds and looks hot and healthy now. I do worry about gaining weight back. But, I know I am not going to do it. BTDT and not doing it again. My weight cycles. It goes up for two weeks and then down for two week. I recognize when it is that time of the month when I am hungry all of the time. When it happens, I eat grapes. They fill me up when nothing else will. Today was a hungry all the time day. I ate 2 protein bars, one tamale and about 1/2 cup of eggs and green chili. I am still hungry. But, I am filling up on liquids. If that won't work, then I am off to find the grapes. Hat
Most Active