HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamila D.
on 8/15/05 6:08 pm - oroville, WA
I am a 23 year old lady and I am at a loss for words. I have a BMI of 59.6 and no matter how hard I try the weight keeps coming. I have inceline resistance. My body keeps producing in a nutshell fat to be stored. I can't work because of the weight and I can't even do the things I normally would do everyday. I have tried diets of all sorts and so far not so good. I want the surgery so I can live a normal live with out back pain and all the complications that come along with the weight. I can't affored to have the surgery paid in full. I do not have great credit as well. I am trying to find a way for my DSHS to accept the procedure. I am lost on what to do. Please if you could help me with any sugestions. my email is [email protected] thx.. confused Pamila
auntlorlee
on 8/16/05 1:09 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Pamila, I have heard of people getting this procedure approved through DSHS. I don't really have any advice on how to go about doing it. You should post this on the main board and maybe someone over there could help you. My heart goes out to you and I want you to know that you can come here anytime for support. We may not have all the answers but we can give moral support. Keep at it. Don't give up. Lori
Andrea W.
on 8/16/05 1:44 am - Kent, WA
Check with the Northwest Center for Weight Management in Federal Way. I heard a couple of months ago that there was a new surgon that was accepting DSHS! If nothing else, Janelle (one of the nicest people you could meet) could give you suggestions!! Good Luck!!! Andrea
Janis
on 8/16/05 4:20 pm - Cashmere, WA
Pamila, First of welcom to OH. Second of all, don't despair! You have come to the right place for the support you need! Third, I have heard of people with DSHS medical coverage getting this surgery covered, but there is a process to follow to get there. Fourth, There is a new WLS support group in Wenatchee! We will be meeting next on September 11th at the Chelan County PUD Auditorium from 2 to 4 P.M. I know you are a long way away from wenatchee, but please consider coming to our next group meeting. There are 4 ladies from Omak hoping to have surgery, 2 from Oroville who are post op and 1 from tonasket who is hoping to have surgery. There may be more from your area but these are the ones I found in a quick search of the OH website. Perhaps you could contact these ladies and arrange to come down together, share the gas, make some friends, learn something that will help you in your quest for surgery and just have some fun! Please consider it, we would love to have you! One of our group members has Medicaid through DSHS and has started her journey through the maze, she may be able to give you some information pertinent to your situation. Janis
auntlorlee
on 8/17/05 2:26 am - Bellingham, WA
WOW Janis! You are a wealth of information! Thanks for helping our friend Pamila! You rock!! Lori
Tom A.
on 8/17/05 8:07 am - Puyallup, WA
someone asked almost the same exact question as you a few hours after yours there post is titled "started paperwork with uw today" I posted all the info I had for them check it out, and yes its very possible to get it approved with dshs, Im assuming you have diabetes and a high bmi, so your case is already very strong. Good luck to you hope the info in the above mentioned post will help you.
Most Active