Where did all of our Washington people go???

auntlorlee
on 8/12/05 1:49 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Sarah, I have been thinking about you! I am sending lots of prayers and well wishes your way. Sleep apnea was my only hope of having this surgery. I think you have that on your side. Your symptoms are exactly like mine. Keep your chin up girl! Lori
Sarah Christine
on 8/12/05 2:16 am - Yelm, WA
Hi Lori I so appreciate your prayers and warm wishes. I sincerely believe God would not have brought this my way if it wasn't meant to be... I just need to find my way through the maze. Do you (or anybody else) know if Group Health requires six month supervised diet? My PCP and I decided to put me in with the dietician now - just in case (he is a new PCP for GH and isn't sure of all the requirements) and because I should be seeing a dietician anyway - Lord knows I need to learn how to read labels and figure out how much carbs and proteins and whatnots I'm eating each day! LOL... ~Sarah
auntlorlee
on 8/15/05 2:16 am - Bellingham, WA
No... they dropped that requirement on January 1, 2005. You no longer are required to have proof of a medically supervised diet. That is what allowed me to be approved. I have the apnea and the BMI but not the supervised dieting in the last 3 years. Just normal dieting on my own. I wish you tons of luck in getting approved. I am sure you will be. Take care and keep working the system!!! It DOES work! Lori
Mari J
on 8/16/05 7:22 pm - Kent, WA
Christine, with GHC you no longer need the 6-month Dr./commercial WL program. After you are approved, you will pay $1,450 for a 2 month pre-surgery and 10 month post-surgery nutritionist. I have to write down everything I eat and drink along with the calories and protein content. You start out at 200-300 calories per day. Recently since I started eating "real food", I have increased to the 300-400 calorie range. I will be going in for a 2 month checkup next week and I'll find out more about the current calorie intake advice. Mari
vanessam
on 8/13/05 4:45 am
Getting excited girl?
auntlorlee
on 8/15/05 2:13 am - Bellingham, WA
OMG! Am I ever! 9 more days!!!! I can't even believe it really. I am getting a little scared. I am sure I will be fine. Thanks for thinking about me!!!! Lori
lilchickad
on 8/14/05 9:39 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Lori ;) I'm still here. I lurk on the Washington Board, but it has kind of died. I'm sure it is the beautiful weather we are having. We have been so busy with kids and soccer, that it is hard for me to get on too terribly much. Nothing too much is new with me. I am now 111 pounds, which is good. I'm pretty much ready to stop losing. I wear a size 2/4 or a junior 5/6 so that rocks. I feel great. I can eat most anything, other than sugars and really fatty stuff. So, I think that is about it. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. I will be sending up many prayers for you! Laura
auntlorlee
on 8/15/05 2:19 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi Laura! You are doing awesome too! I can't wait to come and post my weightloss and stuff! I only have 9 more days and am getting a bit nervous! I can't believe how fast the time has gone! Take care, Lori
KuuipoCloud
on 8/15/05 10:43 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Hi, Lori - I used to be pretty active on here, too but I've been more active on my WLS Month board. (People who've had surgery in May 2005.) It has been pretty quiet here, wonder whazzup?!?!?! My picture in my posts has changed since I was here before, so if you look at my profile you may remember me!! Michelle 340/326/264/175 consult/surg date/current/goal
auntlorlee
on 8/16/05 1:11 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Michelle! Of course I remember you! I check on you every once in a while! You are doing AWESOME!! I can't believe the change in you! Love the new pic! I only have 8 more days until my surgery! I am getting a lil' nervous! Wish me luck! Lori 8 more days!!
Most Active