23 days from today...

auntlorlee
on 8/1/05 7:09 am - Bellingham, WA
I will be a big fat loser! Yeah!! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by for me. I guess my busy life helps out in that department! My teenagers run me ragged sometimes! But I wouldn't know what to do with myself if they weren't around. I have a question for post-ops who had their surgery at GHC Eastside. Was your spouse allowed to stay in your room with you on the first night after surgery? My hubby will probably get a room at Silver Cloud for the other nights. We are trying to get things organized now since it's so close. Thanks for any info you can provide. Lori
Ksandra
on 8/1/05 10:02 am - Sumner, WA
I will be keeping you in my thoughts as you get closer and closer to your date. You must be a mix of emotions, huh? I can't wait to be a loser too! Take care, Sandy
auntlorlee
on 8/2/05 2:35 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Sandy! Your time will be here before you know it! I can't believe that my time is here already. It's been a long 2 years since I decided to do this and now here it is. I appreciate all of the support you all have given me. I AM a mixed bag that's for sure!!! I am scared, nervous, anxious, excited, happy all at once! I just want it to be done and over with. NOW! Take care, Lori
Mari J
on 8/1/05 3:26 pm - Kent, WA
I'm so excited for you now that your time is near! I didn't really want or see the need for anyone to stay with me, but I have heard from patients who have had someone stay with them for the entire time they were in the hospital. They just roll in another bed for them. Call the hospital to be sure and let them know you would like that. Mari
auntlorlee
on 8/2/05 2:31 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Mari! I was just curious for the first night. I was hoping we could get away with one less night at the hotel for hubby. I don't "need" him to be there, just trying to save a bit of money is all. But if they will let him stay all 3 nights, whoo hoo! How are you doing by the way??? Feeling pretty good?? Take care sweetie, Lori
kristibo
on 8/2/05 6:48 am - Redmond, WA
Hi Lori, I didn't have my surgery at GH, but my husband was able to stay with me every night that I was in the hospital. I had my own room and there was a couch that made out in to a bed that he was able to use. I was glad that he was there, it was nice to have a little extra support besides the nurses... Best of luck to you! I know that all will go well! Thoughts and prayers go out to you as the exciting day comes along. Kristi
Janis
on 8/3/05 3:41 pm - Cashmere, WA
Lori, I am soooo excited for you! Hang in there, when your day finally comes you are going to be incredulous that it really is going to happen and you will wonder where the last 23 days went to! Good luck, you will be in my thoughts! Just try to relax Get plenty of rest Have some fun Get everything in order so you dont have to worry 'bout nuttin Do a little Say a little prayer Spend some time with friends BTW, I will notify everyone in our newly formed WLS Support Group to at least be thinking about you as your date nears. Janis
Most Active