WLS post-op update

V. T.
on 7/22/05 5:51 am - Kent, WA
Hello, I wish thank all of who posted on my profile wishing me well for my surgery. I am sorry that I do not hang out often so I was unware of the messages. Today I was updating my profile on my WLS and saw the messages. THANK YOU ALL MY THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! A quick update: I am doing wonderful, no complications, no dumping, no nausea, and no vomiting. I am now on regular food since I am now 5 1/2 wks post-op. I have not had any problem with trying new foods and keeping them down. I am able to take my meds orally without dissolving them in water. I did have a problem with strong hiccups after 2 weeks. I also expericence this feeling of food getting stuck. It felt like the food was right at connection of my esophagus and stomach. It would take a while to move on down. This seems to last until I was about 4 weeks post-op. I think the hiccups was a sign of a full stomach. I am listening to my body in this area and have not had this problem for the last week and half. I have made the decision to eyeball the food for just the amount I can eat without a problem. I listen for that slient sigh, which I believe is my sign to stop eating. It seems I can eat about 8 to 10 bites, so I stop eating at this point if not before. Since I am back to work I have been eating Lean Cuisine entrees. I can only eat a half entree at one time and save the rest for later or throw it away. I can drink at least 50 oz of water daily without a problem. I find it hard to get in 40 0z of protein a day. I don't get hungry or the empty gnawing feeling in my stomach but once a day. This is when I eat my entree. Otherwise I am drinking water. I generally have at least one yoplait lite and 2% cheese stick at some point in the day for protein. Well I believe I have updated you all. Until the next update. Thank you all again for being here.
Most Active