I'm Goin' To Seattle!

aLeYa ~.
on 7/21/05 8:38 am - Coquitlam, Canada
First of all, I want to thank EVERYONE *****plied to my post that other day...I was so down and you guys cheered me right up! Thank you SOOOO much Secondly, I'm coming down to Seattle in AUGUST! I'll be there on August 8th for Dr. Weber's in-service, and then I have my first one-on-one consultation booked with him on the 18th. I have done a lot of reading about him and I feel confident that things may go well. Hopefully, he will be the surgeon for me. If you guys have any advice about what I should bring in terms of questions and such, please let me know If you have anything to say about Dr. Weber, please feel free to leave me a comment, every little bit helps! Thanks again, you guys are the greatest! Love, Aleya
Janis
on 7/22/05 9:49 am - Cashmere, WA
Good for you! I believe you will be happy with your choice of surgeons. What I took with me was my letter explaining why I want this surgery, a letter detailing 30 years of diet history, a list of questions for the surgeon, and my wish list ( a list of things I want to be able to do). Some of these things are on my profile. Save yourself another trip and book your nutrition consult for the same day as your initial consult with Dr Weber. The Nutritionists phone number is (206)781-6228. They are on the main floor of the hospital . Complete your information packet you will get at the seminar and have copies of your medical records sent to Dr Weber. He wants records from a complete physical, not sure whether it is within in last 12 or last 6 months. Also records of Sleep Study, EKG, Abdominal Ultrasound if you still have your gallbladder, Pulmonary Function Test, Upper GI, Endoscopy, and a letter of medical clearance from your PCP. You will have to do a psych eval and a series of psych inventories before surgery but he will give you the list of what he wants done as well as a list of Psychologists that will do it. He will put you on a fat free diet for at least thirty days prior to surgery and have you exercising daily. WHAT NOT TO TAKE WITH YOU: A list of excuses of why you can't comply with his requests.
Most Active