HELP!!!!!!!!

sassy
on 7/17/05 7:12 am - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
okay... i have a HUGE dilema!! august 10th me and my husband are renewing our wedding vows. i have no time to plan, extremely tight budget! and i can not find a dress that i like within my budget nor can i find a nice place to do the ceremony. now mind you, its not going to be a huge thing, because neither one of our families can come out and its very last minute, we've known about a week now when we were going to do it. does anyone have any ideas locally (tacoma area) where a romantic place to get married is, or more importantly where i can find a great dress for extremely cheap???? i thought about calling around to some of the thrift stores to see if i can find one, but being plus size i doubt anyone will carry my size, and i dont want to end up with a dress that smells like a thrift store... how would i get that out just have it cleaned??? but then how much does that cost??? ughhhhh the headaches lol okay, so as you can see... any ideas are greatly appreciated, and hopefully you guys can help me before i yank out all my hair and have to buy a wig too lol thankies!!!!! in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!
psgraham29
on 7/17/05 9:29 am - Seattle, WA
No help on the dress or specific locations. For my daughter's graduation party we rented space at one of the local waterfront parks. Tacoma has a number of nice parks, and may provide the same opportunity.
Kilaani
on 7/17/05 10:40 am - Las Vegas, NV
I was just looking online and found a place in Federal Way that had a wedding chapel overlooking the sound in Redondo, I think it was. It was ultra inexpensive compared to a lot of these places. http://www.weddingsbythesound.com/ I haven't seen it in person, but it might be just what you need. As far as dresses, here's a site that has some great ones for not very much. I think I've seen as low as $199 and great sizing, too. http://www.sydneyscloset.com/index.html Good luck, Jill
Rachael E.
on 7/17/05 12:14 pm
David's bridal has some gowns for $99 not a whole lot to choose from but they have a lot of sizes too.....they have everything from a little girls dress to a 32 or something like that. They are located at the Tacoma mall...and several other places....davidsbridal.com they have more selection in the store though. What size do you need.....I think mine was a 20.....they run two sizes small, but I think this one runs maybe 1 size small. You can always get married at the chapel on base....you can use any base world wide you don't have to just use the army base you live at or just an army base at that....we actually have a beautiful ballroom here at Bangor....it's probably priced nicely for military bugets. anyway.....hope this helps ya. Congrats, Rachael
Tammy _.
on 7/17/05 1:13 pm - Puyallup, WA
Congrats on the renewing of your wedding vows. That is wonderful!! I am glad he is back from Iraq!!! I loved my wedding at the Windmill Garden in Sumner. It is a beautiful place for a wedding... the gazebo and the amazing flowers..... so very romantic. Sorry I can't remember the price. There is a shop called Nothing to Wear by Chocolate Affairs on Bridgeport in University Place that has new and used gowns (that is where I found mine). I have a simple gown that was a size 26 I think. I know that you are tall, too. I am 5'9". Let me know if you would like to try it. Best of luck to you! Tammy
sassy
on 7/17/05 4:19 pm - Kaiserslautern Military Community, Germany, XX
i actually called nothing to wear because it is right by my house. they are kinda pricey for rentals...and they werent very helpful over the phone. maybe it was just her... i dunno. i dont know exactly what size dress i would need, just because they do run smaller than street clothes. my prom gown, which was my back up dress i had loaned to a "friend" of mine for a military ball and she ended up throwing it away when she moved off post... yeah im pissed, but oh well its gone... its a shame too coz it matched the class a's perfectly. he's only going to be home for 2 weeks coz he is just on r&r, but we still want everything to be perfect, ya know. we were on the outs and already had started looking for attorneys and everything and all of a sudden everything just kinda fell back into place and we are more in love with each other now i think than we really ever have been. i am so on clouds right now, and i never want to come down. i feel like a school kid with a huge cru****s so cute lol anyways, thanks for the tips, i am definately going to look into it after i am finished with this post. if you have any pix of your dress i would love to see them. thanks again renee
parockwell
on 7/18/05 1:28 pm
What about the rose garden at the Point Defiance Zoo in Tacoma? It overlooks the water and is beautiful! Or, what about one of the restaurants that has a veranda that overlooks the water in Olympia by the bridge? You could have the reception and ceremony in one place and probably get the view for free! Also, my friend just looked at David's Bridal at Southcenter (she is a size 24/26) and found three or four dresses that she liked and the price was between $99 - $250! Might be a good place to check. Good luck and Congrats!!!
Most Active