Update

JustHat
on 7/12/05 3:18 pm - NM
I know I don't have time to read and reply much any more. Heck, I suspect that most of you don't even know me any longer. There are so many newbies. I wish I could be here more to support everyone. Anyway, I have a plastic surgery update. If your following my story, you know that I was denied the first time because the PS wouldn't send the info that Tricare requested. They say that if the doc ever sends the info, they will consider it. While all of this was going on, I saw a second surgeon. She was really good and sent in the request with in 2 weeks. Tricare didn't mess around. They didn't ask for any additional information or anything. They simply denied me. And, they didn't give a reason why. I have two actions I can do now. I can try and get the first plastic surgeon to send in the info that was requested. Or, I can appeal. Or, I guess I can give up and just pay it. The cost for a TT plus silicone implants and breast lift will be $11,550 plus tax. For now, I am pushing for an Aug. date. I figure that at least Tricare can pay for my pain meds if they won't pay for anything else. Plus, if something were to go wrong, then I could either make them pay or transfer to the military hospital. I have worked out the financing. This all seems so selfish. But, I really want it. Hat
ncarter11
on 7/12/05 3:29 pm - Edmonds, WA
Are you going to appeal? Anxious to know how you proceed! I'm glad you are going to do this for yourself! I am excited for you! Continue the updates. I don't always have time to post, but like reading about how you are doing. I miss hanging out here! I miss the regular contact with you guys! All is well with me. It'll be a while before I really consider reconstructive surgery. I'd like to be at goal and have maintained a little while. See what my wrinkly body decides to do with itself. Some areas are not as bad as I expected others are worse. One way or the other, it's better here than with the weight! If I never have PS, I'm still happy. If I could only pick one, I'd have my tits done. It's frustrating to have to arrange them. It's a real challenge to make sure that they don't look all marty-feldman if I get cold!! hehehe. I'm 6 lbs from goal! Feeling great. Training for the Danskin is going super. I train with a few other WLS ladies from our support group here at Stevens. It's an amazing experience. Alrighty, I'm headed to bed. Take care all! God bless! Nan Medial RNY 09/16/05 276/144/138 down 132!
JustHat
on 7/13/05 1:40 pm - NM
I have called plastic surgeon #1's insurance gal. She screens calls and won't answer when I call. They send me to her answering service after asking her if she wants to talk to me. Then she doesn't call back. I am starting to feel like it is a dead end. But, long distance doesn't cost me anything, so I can keep calling. I am also going to send in an appeal letter. I doubt it will change. But, you never know. If Tricare is smart, they will drag it out a little. I have 5 weeks of coverage left. It is graet to hear you are so close to goal. I suspect that if you weren't building all of that heavy muscles up and becoming buff, you would be at goal and probably below by now. Hat
Most Active