Affordable Health Choice insurance

Emily M.
on 7/8/05 5:12 am - Seattle, WA
Does anyone have it? What are your thoughts about it? It's super affordable for an individual plan and they promise that they cover WLS at 70%. I've been looking into it big time, but I have this too-good-to-be-true feeling. http://www.ahcplan.com/index.htm I'm so excited to have WLS that I can feel it in my toes. I've been trying to make it happen for a year now. Could this be the answer that I've been searching for??? Thank you! Emily
psgraham29
on 7/10/05 1:07 am - Seattle, WA
I don't have an answer, don't know about this healthplan. If you don't get one here, you might try re-posting to the main message board.
Renee135
on 7/20/05 8:20 am - seattle, WA
Hey, thats awesome!!! DO you know if they cover LApband? Renee
Renee135
on 7/20/05 11:19 am - seattle, WA
Hey Emily, I did a bit of research after reading your posting which was incredibly exciting. However---advantage health care plan (ahc)is an independent marketing company for "heath care advantage." I spoke with ahc and they told me the same story 70% on hospitalization & surgery. The guy was very reassuring even after I asked several times. He also told me i needed no sort of pre-approval and that any physician or hospital that took HMO Or PPO plans would be covered. THat sounded to good to be true just as you expressed and i found out that it unfortunatly is not true. I talked with the health care advantage the actual policy holder and found best case scenario you get 30% coverage. In addition, they could not even give me all the details wether the 30% was total coverage or 30% for the hospital, 30% for surgeon etc... plus their is a pre-cert process..... I keep researching for all of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless Renee
Most Active