Surgery next week

GTaylor842
on 7/7/05 1:22 am - Port Orchard, WA
Looks like I'm getting that much closer to my surgery next week. I'm scheduled for a laparoscopic RNY next Wednesday the 13th with Dr. Alperovich. Since my wife's surgery was on April 13th we will be exactly 3 months apart. I've learned so much watching her go through the adjustments and changes that are needed that I'm not expecting any surprises. I don't think that I will truly understand her mental state though until I'm actually there. I've realized that no matter how well the WISH Center prepares you, or any other office for that matter, you don't fully appreciate the changes that you will be forced to accomodate. I know that if I hadn't lived with my wife for the last three months, I certainly wouldn't have been as prepared as I am now. To those of you post-op's I congratulate you for everything you've endured. To those of us pre-op's, I wish you rapid insurance approval and wise doctor choices. Think of me next Wednesday if you have a chance. Thanks for everything, Greg Taylor
thisonesforme
on 7/7/05 11:28 am - Graham, WA
Just wanted to say congrats and good luck next week. I think it's wonderful that you and your wife will be sharing in this new way of life together. take care
psgraham29
on 7/7/05 3:33 pm - Seattle, WA
:thubmbsup:Congratulations Greg! We are going through lap RNY the same day. While my significant other doesn't need this surgery, I've learned a lot from reading from the posts and profiles on OH. See you on the losing side. -Pam
(deactivated member)
on 7/9/05 1:24 am - Kennewick, WA
Congratulations, hope it goes well and keep us posted how its going.
Most Active