Denied

JustHat
on 7/5/05 4:04 pm - NM
I am really annoyed tonight. OK, I have been annoyed for over a month now. But, today I called Tricare and got the official word. I was denied. I was prepared to be denied for various reason. But, the reason I got was totally unacceptable. The reason I was denied was because Tricare requested more information from my plastic surgeon's office. Even after I called the office twice, they never sent any of the information that Tricare was requesting. They just blew the request and me off. I thought about writing to the surgeon and letting him know what is going on, or I should say not going on, in his office. But, I doubt he opens his own mail. Grrr Hat
ncarter11
on 7/6/05 12:27 am - Edmonds, WA
I am so sorry, Hat! I bet you are frustrated! Is there a next step? Can you apply again? Can you send the info? Hugs, nan
awidick
on 7/6/05 7:52 am - Spanaway, WA
I' so sorry Hat!!! That really stinks! What about that other plastic surgeon you went to? Is that one dead in the water as well? Arlene
JustHat
on 7/6/05 3:24 pm - NM
That is today's good news. Yesterday I tried to call the other PS. Their office was closed. Today at work, I got busy and put it off. To my surprise, the insurance gal from that office called ME. She said she wanted to check in and give me an update. Amazing. She said they sent off the paperwork on June 30. They didn't send in any pictures because they wait until they are requested. Since my pictures aren't all that supportive at least for the TT, they want to try and get approval with words first. She said that it will take about a week for Tricare to get the pictures if and when they request them. I would be disappointed but not mad about the denial if it had been for any other reason than an incompetent doctor's office. That insurance gal said I would be denied. And, she was true to her word. When it looked like I might be approved, she did what she could to get me a denial. I asked Tricare if having a bad PS's office would work against me with the other PS's request. They said no. So, things are moving again. And, there is still hope. Something someone said has really stuck with me. She said that you spend thousands on a car you will drive for 5 years. Why not spend the money on a body you will have for the rest of your life. One way or another, I am having this surgery in August. Hat
Cori T.
on 7/7/05 7:59 am - Neah Bay, WA
{{{Hat}}} Good luck with your new PS. I think you should write a complaint letter to other surgeon. Mark the envelope "personal and confindential" and hopefull it'll go right to him w/o the staff opening it first.
Most Active