I don't post often but fe...

skudoozie
on 6/29/05 12:11 pm - Elk, WA
I don't post often but felt compelled to let you all know how it feels to be almost one year post surgery. IT FEELS GREAT! A year ago, I was barely able to make it to my car each day to go to work. The distance from the door of my house to the door of my car seemed impossible many mornings. I couldn't climb stairs. I was exhausted at the end of each day. I planned ANY activity out so I knew exactly how much energy it was going to take. I couldn't shop, had to park in handicapped parking spots. I had to have my car seat pushed clear to the back in order to drive. My sciatic nerve hurt all the time from having to reach for the gas pedal. I was a mess! Tomorrow, we are leaving to go camping. I have done all the work to prepare for the trip. I have done the shopping, the laundry. I plan to hike a little in the woods of Island Park, Idaho. The seat of the car can be pulled up close now so the gas pedal is within reach. I can wear regular button and zip jeans! I'm not afraid of not fitting somewhere, you all know - the booths at restaurants, the seats on planes. It has been 10 and a half months since my surgery and I have lost a little over 130 pounds! Yahoo! I still would like to lose another 50 or 60 but even if I stay where I am, it has all been worth it! Just thought I'd share my success with you all. Isn't life great?!!! Suzie
PamelaMarie
on 6/29/05 5:12 pm - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Suzie I was very happy to read your post. I am glad things are going so well for you. I am looking into all of this and have an appointment with Dr. Weber on the 11th for his info seminar. I am getting the ball rolling now and can't wait for it all to roll and for me to be on the loosing side. Thanks again Pamela
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/05 6:59 am - Kennewick, WA
Wow, that is awesome!!! Congratulations!! I'm hoping to get my surgery soon so I can feel the same way you do ... Once again CONGRATS, thats an awesome accomplishment!! =)
Juliaaaa
on 6/30/05 3:12 pm - puyallup, WA
Hi just a quick note. Dr Weber is great... he saved my life. I wish you the best... and if you need anything.. or have questions... please feel free to ask. Julia
bumblesnirt
on 6/30/05 9:36 am - Bellingham, WA
I am so awed and proud of you. Good going! I know you will reach your goal! Kathleen
Juliaaaa
on 6/30/05 3:11 pm - puyallup, WA
I'm sooooo happy for you! You've come through a lot. On July 13th.. I will be six months out. So I understand.. the pain issues... and the freedom that has been given to both of us. Pretty neat to be able to stand long enough to do the grocery shopping eh?? Or to cook a meal without having to sit down. Congratulations.... I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work! Julia
Heather Wooldridge
on 7/2/05 12:14 pm - Longview, WA
RNY on 03/21/12
How wonderful! You must feel so free in your new body! I am so envious. I will be where you are someday, I have faith. Congradulations and thank you for sharing your positive experience with us all. Heather Pre-op (Still Hoping for a miracle - insurance has written exclusion )
sweet
on 7/4/05 3:28 pm - marysville, Wa
Yes, life is great and you look absolutely wonderful Suzie! I'm so looking forward to the "losing side" starting July 26th I'm getting Banded! Right now I won't go to a Mariners ballgame, movie, certain restaurants, airplanes because I just don't fit into them seats, ugh! Flying to Mexico for my Lap band and I told my hubby we need to get first class tickets cause theres NO-way that my body can fit into them chairs. So I applaud you for being where you are now! Liz
Most Active