Need last 5 years of dieting info!

PamelaMarie
on 6/21/05 4:37 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Hi everyone..my husbands insurance will pay for gastric bypass but they want among other things the last 5 years of dieting info. I haven't exactly been doing anything precise. I used to belong to Curves which I loved until I had trouble with my thyroid and and my Mom got cancer and I spent alot of time with her. I have made a point of not eating any carbs for awhile, no breads etc which I love, pasta etc. Love to eat my chicken and veggies. Tried Slim fast for awhile but it totally grossed me out. Cut my coffee intake to one a day. Since I quit smoking 6 years ago I have blossomed evenmore. I have never weighed this much!! Any suggestions to help with in insurance requests? Thanks everyone!
auntlorlee
on 6/21/05 6:09 am - Bellingham, WA
I just wrote down every diet I have tried since I was 12 years old! It was quite a long list! Do they want documented proof? If not, just sit down and really think about all of the diets you have tried in the last 5 years and then start writing. Hope this helps! Good luck! Lori
Julia B.
on 6/21/05 8:39 am - Puyallup, WA
Hi Pamela! My insurance required that I had a doctors document stating my weight for each of the past 5 years. I went to every doctor I could think of that I had seen in the past 5 years and asked for my weight records. The easiest was my OBGYN since I saw him regularly and he always weighed me. I sent them every doctors record that I could get my hands on. My insurance wanted proof of various diets too. All I had was a list I had made up myself and a couple of different Weigh****chers records that I happened to have. Good luck! Julia
PamelaMarie
on 6/21/05 11:08 am - Mountlake Terrace, WA
Thank you both for the ideas! I didn't even think about the simple ones> Geesh! Now I have to find out if I have to have a referral or not. My registered nurse practioner left the area so I went to a different one at the same clinic. Having some other difficulties and went to a gastric doc in the same office. I had mentioned to previous one that I was looking into wls and his comment to me was "there is no magic pill". He also told me that "I didn't look like I missed any meals". I wasn't happy with him. I think I need to find another doctor.
auntlorlee
on 6/22/05 1:51 am - Bellingham, WA
DEFINITELY find another doctor. How rude is that!?!? What an ass! I would never put up with that kind of treatment. Especially by my doctor. Check your local area. There are a bunch of doctors who do this surgery. Have you checked out the "Find a Doc" tab located at the top of this page? That is where I would start. Then find out if they accept your insurance. Does your insurance have specific docs that you must see? You have options my dear. Don't stick with the pinhead you mentioned earlier. Good luck to you! Lori
Mari J
on 6/24/05 7:37 am - Kent, WA
Doesn't that make you so mad! A lot of us have had to put up with medical doctor's unhelpful comments. I can guarantee you that I have missed 100 times more meals than that #$*&#(*$&*^. Doctor! (I'm expressing my emotions instead of eating!!! hahaha) Good luck, Mari
Most Active