Dr. Oh

taterbug66
on 6/17/05 6:59 am - Poulsbo, WA
Hi i was wondering if anyone has had Surgery by Dr. Oh in Federal Way.??? I'm have decided on the DS, i see in the Dr's for WA State that he lists that he performs it but, dosent seem to have done many DS surgerys. I would be interested to hear any feed back on Dr. Oh! Thank you, Nancy
lilchickad
on 6/17/05 7:19 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Nancy, I had surgery by Dr. Oh, although not the DS. I had medial RNY. He is an absolutely phenomenal surgeon, although I do believe his specialty is RNY. I do know that he allows you to choose which surgery you want, however. His office staff is nice, but seems to lack a little in organization. I had no problems getting things approved and scheduled, but I really stayed on them. i would HIGHLY recommend him as a surgeon. He is very good at what he does. Hope this helps. Laura 203/120 @ goal Size 20 to a size 6
taterbug66
on 6/17/05 7:58 am - Poulsbo, WA
Thank you Laura! I noticed from his Dr. Profile that he hasnt done to many DS surgery's, i dont know how often or when that data is updated tho.! I have made up my mind that i want the DS so i might end up going out of state or even our of the country....YIKES! If Dr. Oh isnt that experienced in the DS. From the DS board i hear allot about people that go to Brazil and Spain to have surgery. Sounds kind of Scary to me, surgery scares me enough LOL! Thank you again Nancy
omadoula
on 6/17/05 9:08 am - University Place, WA
There is a girl at the St. Joseph support group who had DS, and I think she went to California to have it done. If you contact Holly, the St. Jo nutritionist, she can tell you when the meetings are, and perhaps can even get you in contact with this girl, because she works in the Deli at St. Jo.
wolfyclass
on 6/17/05 10:52 am - Everett, WA
I had surgery with dr oh and he is fabulous.... but the only thing that I know is that he doesnt do many ds....most docs in the us dont though he does offer it....he usually does rny and lap-band and revisions. I was more impressed when a doctor that my dad works with has her lap-band aftercare done with dr oh and even she says that he is awesome.
CynthiaB
on 6/18/05 2:39 am - Wenatchee, WA
I also had my RNY surgery with Dr. Oh - just three weeks ago! I had some real bumps in the road at the last minute, thanks to some problems with his office help. Since I have to take a day off of work and drive for 3 hours for an appointment, I now call ahead before each appointment, to make sure they remember I'm coming. I worked along with the NW Center for Weight Management at St. Francis. They were very helpful getting everything set up for me. Make sure to contact them as well - they don't charge you a fee. Dr. Oh is very impersonal and professional, but that was fine with me as long as he got the job done. He is extremely busy, and he does this surgery all the time. If I had to choose between leaving the country for surgery, and using a surgeon with less experience in the DS surgery, I'd stay home and use Dr. Oh. He knows his stuff! Cynthia
RWH G.
on 7/8/05 5:43 pm - Seattle area 'burb, WA
DocOh has been doing WLS for 20 years, and he's a brilliant surgeon. Finest kind.
Most Active