60 second approval for PS

JustHat
on 6/16/05 3:57 pm - NM
I called TriWest today to see if the doctor had finally submitted my paperwork. To my surprise, it was not only submitted, but APPROVED! The guy on the phone gave me the authorization number and said I would be receiving something in the mail. I asked if he could fax a copy to me. Nope, they only do that for providers. But, he would give me all of the information. After giving me the authorization number and the dates I need to have the surgery by, he says "Oh wait. There is something here." Then I am on hold for 2 minutes. He comes back and says that there is another page to my approval that says I am NOT approved. He says if I give him a minute, he will try and find out what is going on. 5 minutes later, he says that I am not approved, but not denied either. They need more info from the doctor. I went through such exteamly range of emotions during that call. I just don't see how I can have an approval number but not be approved. Of course when I called the doctor's office right after getting off the phone, the insurance gal is out until Monday. She is the only one that can find out what else they need. So, that is my big update. Hat
mary F.
on 6/17/05 2:15 am - gig harbor, WA
What a rollercoaster of feelings you must have went through! Plan a busy weekend with your kids and Monday will come a little sooner.(yeah right) I would think with an approval number it was approved, but what makes sense to us rarely does to insurance companies. Hope you get happy news on Monday!
Most Active