Hair question and I have a date!!

Mari J
on 6/16/05 3:44 pm - Kent, WA
My surgery will be on Monday the 20th!! I have been really excited up until now but the fear is creeping in. I need some info about my hair. Is it okay to continue to dye your hair after surgery? I need to know now if I have to go back to my old color and let the gray peep through!!! lol This should be the least of my worries, but..... My youngest son is graduating from HS on Saturday so I've been really busy with company and getting things ready to go on Monday. I've been too busy to worry much. Good thing. Mari
Darcy
on 6/16/05 4:31 pm - Washington State
Hello Mari, I'm not sure IF you can color your hair or not...I wouldn't think that it would be a problem though...Something that will HELP your hair from falling out is NIOXIN shampoo and conditioner...You can either order this through a stylist at a salon, or do what I did and get HUGE 33.8oz bottles of it at Costco...they were $9.99 each...Also, go to Wal-Mart, or any drug store for that matter, and get some BIOTIN...It's a vitamin...It helps a lot with the hair and makes your nails really strong...Plus it's fairly cheap... I'm not sure how all these work...But I've heard RAVE REVIEWS about them (the Nioxin and Biotin) from the girls on the Duodenal Switch message board...I am getting the DS on July 21!!! I'm soooooooooo excited!!! Congrats and GOOD luck with your surgery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers... Also, an EXTRA CONGRATS to your son that is Graduating...You must be soooo proud. Hope this helped a little... Hugs, Darcy
lilchickad
on 6/17/05 1:57 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Mari, I have continued to dye my hair all along. I am one of those gals that cant remember her natural color :P I have had no problems. I have had the normal hair loss/thinning that most people get, but nothing too dramatic. I get mine retouched every two weeks, and I had mine done at about 6 weeks out. My hair dresser recommended waiting that long due to the anesthesia, there can be some funkiness that happens, so I would talk to your hairdressor and see what they advise Good luck on your surgery, and congrats to your son! Laura
auntlorlee
on 6/17/05 4:34 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Mari! Just wanted to wish you good luck and send hugs your way for Monday! You will do fine! Please come back and post as soon as you feel up to it. I will be thinking of you!!! Take care sweetie! Lori PS Congratulations to your son!!
wolfyclass
on 6/17/05 10:56 am - Everett, WA
I got my hair colored 4 weeks out....my doc and colorist said that as long as I was not on my pain meds anymore then there shouldnt be a problem....if you are still on pain meds the smell might make you more woozy than usual but other than that no problem. just have someone color your hair....dont color it yourself
Mari J
on 6/19/05 2:04 pm - Kent, WA
Thanks everyone! See you on the losing side! Mari
Most Active