Canuck going to Northwest Weight Loss Surgery

nov3091
on 6/11/05 11:32 am - Canada
Hello Everyone! I have a pre-op with Dr. Montgomery in Kirkland this week...then surgery is scheduled on the 23rd.... do any of you know him? I am from Canada, and have opped to Self Pay for Lap Band Surgery.... I saw NORTHWEST AFTERNOON and it featured this Surgeon...and then i went to a seminar he held up in Canada.... he seemed great, and i can hardly wait!!
bumblesnirt
on 6/11/05 1:46 pm - Bellingham, WA
he is one of the surgeons i looked at. decided on dr. billing in edmonds, but am sure mr montgomery is very good. i liked the package dr billings had (cheaper and closer to me in bellingham!) my surgery is scheduled for 7/7. good luck to you. kathleen
nov3091
on 6/12/05 12:18 pm - Canada
Thanks Kathleen! I am scheduled for 23June...can hardly wait! IF you don't mind me asking, what does Dr. Billing charge? follow-up? thanks sheryal ann
classica
on 6/13/05 12:20 pm - Waitsburg, WA
Hi Sheryal I was banded by Dr Montgomery on 1/31/05. I live 5hr drive away from the office. He and his staff are super great. I had lots of fear because my bmi was so high 77 post op weight 448.5. I was told by other docs that if I ever had to have any surgery I would not make it. Dr. Montgomery has had great success on patients weighing up to 600lbs. He was very confident and assuring that he, his staff and hospital are set up with the right equipment to handle our type of challenges facing large people and surgery. Dr Montgomery's is very compationate and truly understands the emotion and hardship we face each day. It was the first time I have left a Dr office feeling good about myself. His staff is top notch. Everyone in his office has been banded so we are all in the same boat. They truly get it. Their support is real. I feel like a patient they really care about vs a number. Due to my large size I have had 2 fills by floro that Dr. Montgomery has had to preform. It take about 5min tops. Scheduling a fill can be a little tricky to line out hospit/dr & me at same time but the staff trys to work with you. I have only been to 1 support group meeting because of the distance to travel. It was great and if I live closer I would be there every month. I was self pay also and it is the best money I have ever spent. I bet my life on it. Congradulation on your surgery date. waiting is the hard part. Please keep me posted. Karen M. 448.5/370/240/wishing for under 200
nov3091
on 6/14/05 1:44 am - Canada
Wow Karen! reading your post, i almost cried!! I could actually feel, the gratitude you had for the doctor and staff.... hmmm... gratitude isn't even the word i am looking for.... all i know is that you have made me feel so much better!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks again!!! sheryal ann
Most Active