Dr. Au - Group Health

auntlorlee
on 6/1/05 4:27 am - Bellingham, WA
Anybody have him as your surgeon? Looks like I will be having surgery with Dr. Au instead of Dr. Bock. There are so many of us losing our WLS coverage in October that they are scrambling to get everyone in before then. I have no problem having Dr. Au do it. I was just trying to get some feedback. I will have my surgery date when I see him on the 10th of June. I hope it's soon!! Thanks for any info y'all can provide. Lori
Tish H.
on 6/1/05 8:42 am - Federal Way, WA
Hi Lori, Dr. Au did my surgery and I really liked him. Before the surgery I had very little contact with him - just kinda said hello on the day of the surgery. I didn't mind that at all, but what has really impressed me is his after care. I've had a couple of common complications, but he's been really attentive and caring. He told me once to call him anytime, even if I only had a question. For a surgeon, that seemed to be going above and beyond. He always gets back to me immediately (unlike Harriet) and then wants me to check back in with him. He can appear a little reserved (maybe it's a cultural thing), but he's actually pretty funny. It has seemed to me that Au and Bock really act as a team anyway, so you'll see both from time to time. I know you're not worried, but be confident that you're getting a great surgeon! I bet your surgery date will be set pretty soon! Seems like they're only about one month out now! Good luck and let me know how your class/appointment goes!
auntlorlee
on 6/1/05 8:58 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks for the info Tish. Every good thing that is said about Dr. Au makes me feel better! I am totally confident with him. I am hoping since he isn't doing the majority of surgeries that I will get a date relatively soon. I think I have to do at least a month of weight management before my surgery so I might be looking at the end of July sometime. Which would be PERFECT! I work for a school district and this would give me plenty of time to recouperate. I can't wait until next Friday!!! Thanks for wishing me luck! I appreciate it! Take care, Lori
Most Active