now what

maudie B.
on 5/27/05 5:53 am - Bellevue, WA
Hi All, Well, I had surgery on Monday and so far so good I guess. I am still pretty sore and find it hard to get around. I think I'm slipping into the "ohmygodwhathaveidone" blues. Has anyone else done this? I can't believe they haven't. I guess I'm not sure how fast recovery should be or what to expect. Any thoughts on all or some of this would be greatly appreciated.
Rachael E.
on 5/28/05 6:42 am
I think just about everyone thinks this once even if it's just for a split second or two. Give yourself plenty of rest and fluids....H2o is the best thing you could be drinking. It's hard at times, but just think of how much healthier you are going to be in just a short time. I would have this surgery once a month if I had to...it's worth every ache and then some. Good luck to you and hang in there....YOu are going to be doing great in no time. Rachael
KuuipoCloud
on 5/28/05 11:21 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Oh, my goodness, I definitely had the 'whattheheckhaveIdone' blues!! Check out my profile and you'll see! It lasted a few days and then I got over it (I said I quit throwing my temper tantrum, LOL) and I'm sure that you will, too. Take care, we're here for you! Michelle
Tanja Y
on 5/31/05 3:39 pm - Wahiawa, HI
I remember when my "ohmygodwhathaveidone"blue**** me....it was the middle of the night, my first night home from the hospital. I was cold and had to pee. Couldn't sit up to grab the blanket and couldn't get out of bed. I called for help, but nobody heard me. I finally inches the blanket up with my toes, felt like it took 5 hours but I'm sure it was only like 10 minutes. I finally got warm enough that I could ignore the having to pee sensation. An hour later I couldn't ignore it anymore and ended up crying and banging on the bedroom wall to get someones attention. That night was my worst night, I was definately regretting having the surgery. But not anymore! But beleive me, it will get better. That night was my worst night and I've had thousands of "ohmygodi'msogladihadsurgery" moments to make up for it. Tanja 448/276/148
Most Active