medicaid waiting question

origamistar
on 5/26/05 1:53 pm - Tulalip, WA
Hello! I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on the long wait for medicaid. I have been informed that it takes a year for DSHS to contact the doctor, in this case, the uw bariatric clinic. I am wonderind if anyone has any experiece with the UW or medicaid and can tell me if there is something i can do to hurry this process up. Thanks! V.
Amanda A.
on 5/27/05 8:51 am - Kapowsin, WA
Hi, I just submitted my sugery info packet to UW. And I am on Madicaid. From what I have read on these profiles people only wait a few weeks after submitting there approval letters. You are your best advicate. Call DSHS and see what the hold up is. There is nothing stating you can not call them. Just keep intouch with them and your sugeons office. Good luck.
Hippie Chick D.
on 5/27/05 3:11 pm - Elk, WA
Hi, I am on Medicare and have medicaid for the secondary. I have been approved with medicare and now am wondering if for sure medicaid will cover the 20% medicare doesn't. Dshs said not likely to my question, but the coordinator Betty, at the doc office says not to worry that they have to pay if medicare does. I Last Thursday they set my date for june 21st. Betty said she will check withher administrator and call me with a positve answer. So i would be starting over or adding to my diet and exercise program. I sure hope the Date sticks! maybe you already know this. I don't want to burst any bubbles but you better be sure everything is documented cause you will be doing the 6 month diet and exercise program. i know it sucks I've only done 3 months plus what my PCP had in the records and that counts for Medicare. I don't think medicaid has been allowing WLS for very long. Medicare only started covering it last summer. the more people demand it the easier it will be for the future. good luck on your journeys. Debbie
origamistar
on 5/28/05 10:28 am - Tulalip, WA
Thank you so much, I was beginning to think that the wait would go on forever. Good luck!
Holly M.
on 5/30/05 5:23 am
Medicaid takes up to I believe 60 days to approve or deny the claim but the surgens often have a waiting list of medicaid patients which is up to a year and a half long. The process with medicaid is now a three step process. First pre-approval, then 6 months physician supervised diet supported by a nutritionist and other testing, then final approval. Good luck
Most Active