protien help, etc.

Mari R.
on 5/24/05 9:43 am - Enumclaw, WA
Hi, I am having a horrible time trying to take in 60g of protien daily. I do protien shakes, but I still end up at the end of the day with 45-50g if I'm lucky. I have got to increase this. My energy level is suffering. I had my surgery 12/28/04. I am also very sensitve to dehydration and my electrolytes to drop immediately. I drink Gatorade to help with us. I do dilute it with ice, and it doesn't make me sick. Do any of you use Gatorade? Thanks for you help.
karen C.
on 5/24/05 12:03 pm - Kennewick, WA
What kind of protein shakes do you use? I use Champion Pure Whey which I order from Vitalady.com Each shake has about 32 g of protein. I like them. They mix easily with water, are very affordable, and easy to order. You can order single serving samples to try before you order. I have no affiliation with the company but have found them good and a great solution. My taste buds have changed so much that I still don't like the taste of many things that I used to love pre-surgery including most meat products. Best wishes, Karen
Bryan D.
on 5/25/05 5:49 am - Olalla, WA
I'm supposed to take 150 grams of protein daily. I sometimes only get in 120 grams, but usually I have all five shakes daily. We only absorb about 35 grams of protein at a time, so 60 grams is only two shakes. I also had problems with dehydration. My doctor put me on Gatorade, but since I was diabetic, prior to surgery, I was reluctant. I now have broth daily. Sometimes it is Cup-O-Noodles, but I try to have at least one cup of boullion. I add salt to everything I can. The dehydration and dizzyness, from low blood pressure, has gone away. All labs are normal. Good luck.
lilchickad
on 5/25/05 8:26 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Mari, I have just recently started using Profect Protein drinks. You can go to their website at protica.com. One vile contains 25 grams of protein, and it is less than 3 ounces. It is the ONLY protein supplement I have been able to tolerate up to this point. I was hellbent on making sure I got my protein from food, but I too was starting to feel run down, so I saw someone on the main message board talking bout this stuff. It really is good. It is rather expensive, but to me, it is worth it to get in 50 grams a day (I drink two of them), and then get the rest of my protein from food. As far as dehydration, I drink crystal light lemonade, propel, and water. I just try to drink all day to keep the fluids going. Let me know if I can help you out. I live in Bonney Lake, so we are neighbors Laura 203/124/120ish
u951102
on 6/15/05 2:39 pm - North of Seattle, WA
Laura, Dr Oh is my doctor too! What surgery did you have? I had the Lap-Band 11/04/05 and have lost 78 pounds so far. Have a good day! Barb
lilchickad
on 6/16/05 12:35 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Barb, I had open RYN (medial). I think he is a terrific surgeon. His office staff leaves A LOT to be desired, but I guess you can't have everything...LOL Congratulations on your weight loss...keep up the good work Laura 203/120 @ goal
Most Active