Nervous, I have 36 hours to go and think I'm my voice sounds a bit horsy...

miss214ever
on 5/23/05 5:18 pm - Everett, WA
So with my luck I'll get sick and have to reschedule...pray for me. I am having laproscopic RNY at Evergreen Hospital...Dr. Clinch...any stories???
Meka F.
on 5/23/05 7:07 pm - Bellevue, WA
I'm praying for you Amanda!
auntlorlee
on 5/24/05 1:46 am - Bellingham, WA
No stories... just wishing you luck! We will be thinking about you! Lori
Lori H.
on 5/24/05 1:50 am - Lynnwood, WA
Hi Amanda! I don't have any stories about Dr. Clinch, but I had lap rny in March at Evergreen with Dr. Lauter. I was really impressed with the staff at Evergreen. It is a beautiful, comfortable facility, and the team of people that cared for me were all really wonderful. Best of luck to you with your surgery and I wish you a speedy recovery! oh- do you know about Evergreen's support group? It meets every month on the second Tuesday at the hospital. There are a lot of nice people there too! Take care, Lori
miss214ever
on 5/24/05 7:18 am - Everett, WA
Yes I recently heard about the support group which I will be attending once the surgery is over. I was quite aggressive with getting it done in a short amount of time. Any complications? Which surgery did you have done? Dr. Clinch is the head of Bariatric Sugery although your surgeon has more experience doing it.
Lori H.
on 5/24/05 9:06 am - Lynnwood, WA
Hello Amanda, I have not had any complications (so far so good!) I had surgery exactly eight weeks ago, and I am down 47 pounds. My only complaint would be a low energy level, but I think that will get better down the road. I haven't really had any problems with food. The surgery went fine... I went in early on a Tuesday and was ready to go home Thursday morning. I had laparoscopic rny-proximal. I was really surprised at the low level of pain, and my stitches are teenytiney. Oh, here are some tips for packing: shorts/light weight pajama bottoms to wear once they take out the catheter (I brought beautiful new pajamas to wear, but ended up using their gowns for a top because my incision dressings were leaking a bit). Also, saline nasal spray (Ocean) because the nasal air tubes can be a bit drying, and annoying. Don't worry about bringing a fan, they have little electric ones there that they can clip on the hospital bed. Oh, and the TVs have DVD players, so bring some if you would like. I guess that I watched about three of them the first day, but I don't remember it! Take care, Lori
awidick
on 5/24/05 2:10 pm - Spanaway, WA
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Remember drink, drink, drink. Arlene
Most Active