No longer Morbidly Obese

Cele W.
on 5/20/05 8:49 am - Eastsound, WA
A milestone hit today - I have dropped from MORBIDLY OBESE to SEVERELY OBESE. To those who are of a normal weight and have not been through this process, this may not mean anything, but to the ones who have been there, you know exactly what an accomplishment this can be. Just wanted to share this with all of you. Cele
Hippie Chick D.
on 5/21/05 10:51 am - Elk, WA
I'm not sure where that line is drawn. I've not been there yet. Please explain. I suppose I should know since I am still morbidly obese. Congratulations and for you! Debbie Pre-op
Cele W.
on 5/21/05 11:41 am - Eastsound, WA
Hi Debbie, If you go to my profile, towards the bottom there is a tool for calculating your BMI. Once you have calculated that, it takes you to a screen that gives this chart. Range Meaning less than 18.5 Underweight 18.5 - 24.9 Normal 25.0 - 29.9 Overweight 30.0 - 34.9 Obese 35.0 - 39.9 Severely Obese 40.0 - 50 Morbidly Obese over 50 Super Obese Hope this helps. Michelle from the OH volunteers very nicely put that tool on my profile when she created it. I have only started the post-op part of my journey. I certainly wish you luck and success with your preparation on this exciting start to your new life. Cheers, Cele
Hippie Chick D.
on 5/21/05 1:58 pm - Elk, WA
Why thank you, mam! I guess I did know that at one point or another. My BMI is 46. I probably saw it when i first found out what my BMI was. That was a few months ago. So yes you have reached a milestone. Some day I will too. I would be happy to just be overweight at the end of this journey. Thank You, Debbie Pre-op Don't know when
lilchickad
on 5/21/05 1:09 pm - Bonney Lake, WA
Congratulations Cele Keep up the EXCELLENT WORK!!!!! Laura 203/125/120ish
KuuipoCloud
on 5/21/05 1:22 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
YEAH, CELE!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you!! ((BIG HUGS)) Michelle
Mari R.
on 5/24/05 9:35 am - Enumclaw, WA
CONGRATULATIONS!!! and thanks for the link to the site. My new BMI is 26.5--I haven't checked this since it was done at the WISH Center. amazing.
Deleecee
on 5/29/05 10:57 am - Seattle, WA
CELE!!! What great news! I am so excited for you and wish you continued success on your journey! Congrats!!!
Most Active