Mexico surgery

beth P.
on 5/20/05 3:16 am - everett, WA
I am looking at having surgery in Mexico - but am told that finding a Dr. in this area (Everett) for follow-up might be a problem. It seems that there are some really good Dr.s in Mexico but what if there are problems after? Any input would be appreciated.
wolfyclass
on 5/20/05 4:00 am - Everett, WA
Most docs around here will not do follow up on a pt that gets surgery in mexico due to the complications...The only docs that I know that are willing to work with people that had surgery in mexico are down in the federal way, tacoma area and their surgerys themselfs are comparable in price to going down to mexico good luck
Raised By Poodles
on 5/21/05 10:45 am - Olympia, WA
Hi Beth, I had BPD/DS (biliopancreatic diversion/duodenal switch) surgery Feb. 7th with Dr. Ungson in Hermosillo Mexico. I live in Olympia. I made sure before I went that my Doctor here would be ok with treating me afterwards. His name is Drew and is a PAC that works out of Dr. Ross Tanners office. Fortunately for me, I have had no issues to date besides the fact that I cant seem to swallow my vitamins. I am about to solve that with spray vitamins. I know it would be a little drive for you to come to Olympia, but if you can't find anyone else to take you after surgery, the drive might not be much of an issue for very good medical care. If you are interested in checking Drew out, email me and I will send you his phone number and a little more info about him. What type of surgery are you looking to have? I can tell you that I couldn't have asked for a better Doctor than Dr. Ungson. CIMA Hospital was top notch as was all the staff. It was a very positive experience and I will probably be heading back in a year or so for PS or as I like to call it, a Tune-up. Good luck on your Journey! Sherry
miss214ever
on 5/23/05 5:31 pm - Everett, WA
I am having RNY surgery soon at Evergreen Hospital Dr. Clinch I live in Everett and the drive is short and the care is absolutely great. When I researched surgeons in the area, I called Surgery Departments in the hospital because it was important that the staff also believe in the surgeon. Try that. My aunt also had the lap band done and rants about her success.
Tessa S.
on 5/24/05 6:15 am - WA
Hi Beth Wanted to let you know that the Surgical Weightloss Clinic in Tacoma Wa is great. They are doing the lap-band for $12,800. Also if you do go to Mexico they will do your follow ups. Tessa
Most Active