Wish Center

kem
on 5/17/05 12:27 am - Surrey, Canada
I was wondering if any of you are currently waiting for your date or have just had the surgery during the Wish Center's chapter 11 stuff? I know they say that it will not affect anything but I am now nervous that if I get my date and pay the user fee that the money will just disappear and there will be nothing I can do. I was so excited after going there and now I feel like the wind has gone out of my sails a bit. Any further information was be greatly appreciated. Kathy
conilp
on 5/17/05 2:13 am - tacoma, WA
From everything I have been told I would not worry too much. I had my 3 moth check recently and everything was business as usual. Also know of someone having surgery next week. Even if the wish center were to close the surgeons are dedicated to their patients and I would guess that they would just continue their pratice without the wish name. just my thoughts though. Coni P.
Deleecee
on 5/18/05 12:06 pm - Seattle, WA
I am one month post-op and had my surgery through the Wish Center. I was self-pay and have to admit that had I known a chapter 11 was right around the corner I would not have used them. 14K is an enormous amount of money and I simply could not and would not have taken any (real or imagined) risk of losing it. That being said, I could not be happier with the care I have received and now that I am happily on the other side I am not worried about continuing my relationship with them. Since my lap band fills are paid out of pocket if I had to I could find another doctor or clinic to take care of them for me I could. I agree with Coni that the surgeons and staff are extremely professional and I can't imagine them not honoring whatever commitments they make to you regardless of the Chapter 11 stuff, but I think it is natural for you to feel cautious. Have you tried contacting your insurance company? They may have some insight that could help you. Good luck and best wishes with whatever you decide!
beaner
on 5/19/05 12:19 pm - newman lake, WA
Hi.. I had my surgery in April with the wish center. The Valley Medical Center was great. I am also self pay. I too, have concerns about the chapter 11 and also about aftercare. I have an appointment on Monday and will let you know what I think afterwards. Jill
kem
on 5/20/05 1:14 am - Surrey, Canada
Thanks for responding, I am actually an insurance case but they charge $1900 in that situation which is not covered. They wave that fee if you are self pay. I think I will call them today, I checked with our insurance company and the only activity recorded was from the day of my first appointment when they made the initial inquiry. That also makes me nervous, I thought they were supposed to be submitting things between the first appontment and my (hopefully) pre-op apointment in June. How have you been feeling since your surgery?
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/05 9:56 am - Kennewick, WA
Mmmm, this is the first Ive learned of Chapter 11 with the Wish Center. I had my pre-op scheduled for 6/29 but I think Im going to go to a different doctor because who knows what the future holds 1-2 years from now and I just dont have extra money if something goes wrong. Good luck with your choice though!! M.
Mari R.
on 5/23/05 6:01 am - Enumclaw, WA
A little late on the reply, but here it better late than never . . . I had my surgery on 12/28/04. I had a stricture which was taken care of immediately. I then developed a further complication and spent 20 days back at Valley being treated. Treated like a Queen!! I was sick as I could be, but Dr. Strain was right on top of it every single day. He even made special appointments to meet come in to see me when my husband could be there too. I have since then been in to see him weekly. Michaela has been excellent about retraining my eating. I'm getting great care. Nothing has changed since the Chapter 11 announcement. I don't expect it to change.
Most Active