Re-birthday!

Gerriann A.
on 5/14/05 10:27 am - Spokane, WA
Today is my one year re-birthday. I feel like a million bucks and look incrediable. I never thought that I would be a size 13 ever. I have lost 170 pounds going from a size 34 to a 13 in just a year. My family is supportive and pleased. So, hang in there if you are in the process and rejoice for those of you how have been approved or have already had WLs because I really do feel like I was re-born on this day last year! -Gerriann 170 pounds gone forever!
karen C.
on 5/14/05 7:44 pm - Kennewick, WA
HI, Guess we didn't get to meet! I was very busy Friday and Saturday. I left you a couple of messages. We'll do it another time. Congratulations. Tuesday will be my 3 month anniversary and I'm down just over 80 pounds which makes a tremendous difference. I haven't seen a size 13 since I was about 25! Wow, would I love that. Congratulations Gerriann! Karen
Kim2bthin
on 5/16/05 10:25 am - Richland, WA
Hi Karen!! I was glad to see your post and that you are doing so well. Congratulations on those 80lbs. This is such an amazing surgery, really a gift for a healthy life Hugs, Kimberly
Gerriann A.
on 5/17/05 3:18 pm - Spokane, WA
Hi Karen, Things were busy in Richland this past weekend. I was home in Spokane around noon. I am coming back in June maybe then! Congrats on you 80 pound loss! -Gerriann
JustHat
on 5/15/05 1:58 pm - NM
Sonya! You are only 7 pounds from goal. How exciting! So, tell me, what do you have planned for a reward when you get there? Are you going to be happy there or are you going to go lower? And, how tall are you? Hat
Gerriann A.
on 5/17/05 3:19 pm - Spokane, WA
Thank you! -Gerriann
JustHat
on 5/15/05 2:01 pm - NM
That is fantastic. I am so proud of you. Isn't it amazing how a year can change a life. Congrats, Hat
Gerriann A.
on 5/17/05 3:20 pm - Spokane, WA
Thank you! My entire life has changed so much I hardly remember what life was like not able to find clothes that fit! What a year! -Gerriann
JustHat
on 5/15/05 2:14 pm - NM
OK one more question. How is your self image? When you look down at yourself or in the mirror, do you see the new you or the old you or something in between? I have to take pictures of myself to see myself. But, it seems I quickly forget. I still look down at my body or in the mirror and see a fat woman. Not as fat as I was, but not someone thin. Today I was pointing out thin women to DH. I was complaining that I will never be as thin as they were. He kept saying I was. But, I seem to get hung up on my faults. My belly still seems big. And, my legs are definately chubby. There isn't anything I can do short of liposuction to correct the legs. I have always had big legs. I almost asked the plastic surgeon about liposuction on my legs. But, then I would have more loose skin. So, I would be buying one problem instead of another. Anyway, I just ask because I wonder if I will ever be happy with my body. Hat
Gerriann A.
on 5/17/05 3:25 pm - Spokane, WA
I am always amazed that clothes that are a M, L, or XL fit and do not look bad. I still see a fat person in the mirror but today I realized that people who do not know me do not see me that way at all. I am finally normal size. I hope that I will have a better self image after I get my skin done. I have an appointment with the PS here the end of June. I hope that the surgery date will be quickly after that. I want to wear that bikini top and not worry about falling out. So I guess that once I have the TT and the Breast lift then maybe I will see a different person in the mirror. Even if I did not get a TT or the breast lift I would live content in my accomplishment of losing 170 pounds with this surgery! -Gerriann
Most Active