NEED INFO ON PVT INSURANCE

LISA L.
on 5/11/05 4:55 am - SPOKANE, WA
FOUND OUT THIS AM THAT MY INSURANCE WILL COVER SURGERY, HOWEVER MY SPECIFIC PLAN THROUGH MY EMPLOYER HAS AN EXCLUSION TO BARIATRIC SURGERY!!!! I'M SO ANGRY AND DEPRESSED WILL APPEAL, BUT BEING A WRITTEN EXCLUSION, PROBABLY NOT TO MY BENEFIT. WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS GOTTEN PVT INSURANCE THAT WILL PAY, AND HAS NO EXCLUSIONS! ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED....
cmva531
on 5/12/05 5:22 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Hi, I have had the same problem but slightly different if that makes any since. See In October my staple Line dirupted for no reason at allm even thought I had been about to eat a regular meal since my surgery and my insurance and my husbands company say it isn't covered. I have been looking for Prvt Insurance and the only one I found that will cover it is Aetna. There is a catch, you have to live in VA. I have family there but it won't help me because I am not moving there just for that. If you live in WA you are pretty much screwed. WA had the weirdest laws regarding Gastric Bypass coverage. Also I can't sue anyone because no one will take my case even though my surgeon got paid for nothing but putting a weak staple line. Sorry I couldn't help more but let me know if you find Prvt Insurance that will cover it. Take Care.
Most Active