Mom's Day

JustHat
on 5/10/05 11:35 am - NM
Days like this are usually ignored in my house. Not this year. It went really well for me. The Sunday before, we went to Albuquerque. While we were there, we met up with my parents. My mom had been planning for the trip and had a gift for me. And, she had a gift for the boys to give me. In total, I got two bath sets from Bed, Bath and Beyond plus a new purse bag thing. Oh, and the boys picked out a poster for me. It says, "it's all about me. deal with it." Then, last Friday we went out to eat. We knew we wouldn't have time on Sunday. Plus, Dh didn't plan ahead to cook anything for diner. And, we had a $25 GC from MyPoints. I don't ever drink with my meals. But, I really wanted a margarita. So, I ordered one. Dh and I were going to split fajitas for 2. By the time the food got there, I couldn't eat a bite. So, I got to bring home my part and enjoy it the next day. We had a lovely diner. Saturday, I finally got to sleep in. Funny how sleeping in now means to 9am. DH left early with the two oldest to work on the cedar chest he is making me. The youngest two played quietly until I got up. I spent the next few hours moving the computers and desks around. Then I hooked up my new computer. And, then I took a nap. Dh made a nice diner. Sunday we had my third son's birthday party. It was small. He invited kids from his class. But, only one boy showed up. That was fine. A funny thing about the boy that did show up was that one of the first things is mother told us was that no one would invite him to parties any longer. Apparently, he has issues. I told her to go ahead and leave him. She was unsure. But, I told her he would be just fine. I pointed out that I do have four boys and he couldn't come up with anything I hadn't seen already. She was gone for 2 hours and he behaved very well. We are going to have him over to stay the night in a couple of weeks. Oh, I almost forgot the big surprse. At 7:30 Sunday morning, my oldest and second oldest came to the bedroom. Son 2 yelled, "HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!" Scared the crap out of me. Then, DH and I were presented with breakfast in bed. Son 1 got up and made scrambled eggs and toast. There wasn't any breakfast meat in the house. But, they know breakfast meat makes me sick because it is usually too greasy. So, it was fine. Actually, it was really good. I ate and went back to sleep for an hour. Last night was my final "gift" even though Dh doesn't realize he gave me one. He told me last night that he had not given me enough credit over the years. Being a housewife is hard work. And, he admited that he wasn't keeping up with it. Oh and another surprise, he got a call yesterday. He got the cop job. He has to take a lie detector test tomorrow. But, there shouldn't be a problem with that. He will start in a couple of weeks at the latest. Since we are waiting on the tummy tuck approval, I hope I haven't used up all of my good luck. Hat
awidick
on 5/10/05 12:33 pm - Spanaway, WA
Oh man Hat, tell your husband congrats from me. I use to worry about Jim going to work but that lasted about 2 weeks and now I don't worry a bit. I feel it something happens (heaven forbid) then it happened doing something that he loves. 22 1/2 years in Special Forces doesn't compare to making his heart race like this job. He really enjoys it though. My husband just recently changed his shift to swings. 2:30 pm to 12:30 am. He gets home about 1:30 am and that is when he wants to tell me about his day. Ok, Dr Weber was happy to hear your doing well. I told him how much you weighed and he had to go and get your chart to see where you started. I also told him you were trying to get a TT. He didn't say much to me. He wanted me to loose 30 pounds from my last appointment to this one. It didn't work. I think it was about 20 pounds. So he wants me to walk 4 miles a day. Then I got my usual hug before leaving. He is a sweet man. Well, I tried to eat fish tonight. Just a couple of bites. It didn't work. I'll talk to you soon. Take Care. Arlene
Most Active