Anyone use Dr. Ravi Moonka?

Steven W.
on 5/9/05 8:51 am - Lafayette, OR
My wife has an appointment with Dr. Ravi Moonka on Monday. I was wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences with him, or the Virgina Mason Hospital in Seattle. Thank you,
Jerry W.
on 5/9/05 4:50 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
I"m almost 3 months post -op and he was the doctor I had do my WLS. I'm more than happy with the way things went and the staff at virgina mason are the best...I've had NO problems whatever..able to eat and drink anything I want...I hope your wife likes him and I hope everything works out for her.. Good luck Jerry
mary F.
on 5/10/05 3:31 am - gig harbor, WA
a friend of mine at work used dr. moonka and loved him and has had great success no complications, I used dr thirlby at VM and also had a great experience there and highly reccomend it. Good luck to your wife!
cmva531
on 5/12/05 5:36 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I'm not sure about this Dr but I do know that I had my gastric Bypass 7-27-04 and by October 2004 my stomach staples had disrupted and I didn't even know til Fed. I would ask him what kinds of staples they use because my staple was cheapy done to the point that I am in constant pain and my insurance won't pay for a revision nor will my husbands company so I am an screwed and gaining weight even though I get sick everyday and I can't even sue because no attoneys will take the case either to sue insurance nor the dr or the hospital. SO please make sure that you ask as many questons and find out what kinds of staples they use because if you don't they won't tell you late. Just be careful Thanks
Jerry W.
on 5/12/05 1:25 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
well with Dr Moonka he told me that when he devided the stomach that he used staples and sticthing to do the job...I'm sorry you have had a bad time with yours it seems any doctor worth anything would attempt to make you right...good luck on getting better Jerry
Most Active