Six days post-op

KuuipoCloud
on 5/9/05 7:11 am - Oak Harbor, WA
Hi everyone! Well, I made it! I realized what the feeling was before surgery about how I couldn't imagine what my life would be like and how I had a hard time with that. It wasn't really a couldn't imagine so much as it was a 'too good to be true' and you know how if you hear something is 'too good to be true' it probably is. So I had a hard time with that, but now I'm 'on the other side'! I'm feeling really well. I'm having almost no pain anymore, just a few positions that I move into are a bit uncomfortable, but nothing really painful like it was before. I sneezed for the first time today and THAT hurt, but really no problems. I've not gotten sick off of anything that I've eaten so far and I've had lots of fruits and fruit juices (apple sauce, cranberry juice, banana mixed into a smoothie, etc.), cream of wheat, had pureed spaghetti last night, and nothing has bothered me. So for that I am really grateful. It's almost like I'm wondering, "Did he really do anything in there?" but last night I think I did eat a little too much because I got a little what I called 'icky' but not really sick. I am able to almost lay completely on my abdomen when I sleep. I sleep between my side and abdomen with a pillow up against my stomach, and one leg up and arm up so I'm almost totally on my stomach but not quite. I've not taken any pain meds since I've been home (got home Friday, 3 days ago) and didn't take any the last day I was in the hospital except what they gave me to make sure it wouldn't make my stomach upset. The only 'problem' that I'm really having is getting enough food in. I puree my 4 oz and by the time I get done with the 3rd I'm so done eating. Not necessarily because I'm full but I'm tired of messing with it. Being able to only eat 1 oz every 10 minutes is a pain in the patootie, but I completely understand the reasoning for it. Today I'm quite dizzy and lightheaded. I'm not sure what that's about. I'm taking my multi-vitamin, B-12, and calcium everyday. I've only taken iron once because I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail. SO, I'm not sure why I'm like this, but I am! I'm going to bring it up at my support group meeting tonight. Anyway, I just wanted to say HI and let you all know that I'm doing well and looking forward to seeing what this new life brings me! Michelle 321 (day of surg)/310.5/175
JustHat
on 5/9/05 1:31 pm - NM
Hi Michelle. It is great to hear from you. And, even better to hear that your are doing so well. I got an email from you yesterday or the day before, but it was blank. I thought maybe the drugs were kicking in. I got dizzy a lot early on. I would fall over all the time. Now it isn't as often. But, I have come to realize that it is from not getting enough carbs. I think early on it was just from the shock my system had taken. I have read that it is common to get dizzy. So, take extra care to get up and down slowly. It will pass. Hat
kristibo
on 5/10/05 4:21 am - Redmond, WA
Hi Michelle, Welcome to the losing side! Glad to hear that your surgery was successful and you are recovering well. It's amazing to hear that you are almost able to sleep on your stomach. It took me a couple months, before I was able to sleep on my stomach again. In fact I slept in a recliner I think for the first 3 -4 weeks. Keep up the patience with eating super slow, things will get better soon. Best of luck to you! Kristi
auntlorlee
on 5/11/05 2:07 am - Bellingham, WA
Hey Michelle! Great to hear from you! Glad things are going ok for you. Can't wait to be a post-op myself! Good luck in the coming days and weeks, and years, etc!!! Take care, Lori
tremza7
on 5/16/05 4:13 pm - Vancouver, WA
Hey there stranger!! So glad that you are finally on the losing side! I'm glad that everything went well for you and that you aren't having much pain. That is great!! It took me about 2-3 weeks before I could even get as close as you are to sleeping on your tummy! Just wanted to stop by this board and see if you had posted lately and sure enough....not just any ol post either!! A post - op post!! Keep me posted on your progress! Tammy
Most Active