Visit with the plastic surgeon

JustHat
on 5/9/05 1:17 pm - NM
I know what you mean about time. I know my life was less busy a year ago because I wasn't working. But, it is also that I had to make time for all that goes into getting approved for WLS. It became all consuming. But, now even though it is still part of my life, I have to get back to taking care of the other parts of my life that I let slide a little. OK so try and answer your questions. I am not sure about my out of pocket expence. I had to switch from Tricare Prime to Tricare Standard. So, I have to pay 20% of the Tricare allowable charge. But, my max for covered procedures is $3000. But, that won't include the implant charge because Tricare won't cover implants. I figure it is going to cost me $3000 plus the cost of the implants. Yes, he will tighten the muscles. My kids were kind of large (10 lbs, 9 lbs 9 oz, 9 lbs and the runt at 8 lbs 4 oz), so I could use some muscle tuning up. The doctor did say that my TT will be the smallest he has ever done. Let's hope he doesn't tell Tricare that. Your right, there really isn't any fat on my belly. It is kind of weird. I can feel food and liquid go through my system. Especially with liquid, it feels like a baby kicking. Because of my weight, I didn't really get to enjoy feeling my kids. So, maybe this is just making up for it. But, at least when something gets stuck (aka gas), I can pu**** through easily. I need the implants because with all of the skin removed, I would be as flat as a 3 day old beer. I have always been large chested. They came to live with me when I was in the 6th grade. Who knew they would ever get mad and move out. Anyway, I like having them. So, even if the doc hadn't suggested implants, I wanted them. I have a thing about not having anything put in my body. But, concidering the alternative, I can accept it. I am looking forward to writing about the whole approval story. I think I have my hopes up so high now that if I don't get approved, I will be crushed. I almost wish he would have told me he didn't think I would get approved, but would try. Hat
Most Active