Just got letter from Tricare about University of WA

LisaAnn
on 5/2/05 1:13 pm - WA
I am so confused. I just went for my initial consultation today. The surgeon's office is going to be calling me for my labs and such. This is through University of WA, with Tricare insurance. Well, today in the mail I get a letter saying Tricare is no longer in partnership with U of W. So I need to pick a new Primary care physician. What does this mean with regards to my surgery???? Thanks, Lisa
Melissa R.
on 5/2/05 9:02 pm - Naples, Italy, WA
Lisa, I experienced difficulties before approval by Tricare for my surgery. I recommend that you contact Dr. Weber. He is located in Ballard. he did my surgery and it was covered by Tricare. He is an excellent surgeon and I am very happy with my VBG. Good luck. Melissa Rochefort
nowahottie
on 5/3/05 3:43 am - Auburn, WA
Hi, I just got off of the phone with Tricare. I had called them to find out about this because I am currently scheduled for my surgery at UW. I wanted to check on this in regards to my surgery and the date. They told me that since my surgery was scheduled before the 30 of June that I was still on the schedule and still had my authorazition for the surgery. Try to check this out. I wish you the best in you surgery and starting your new life. Smiles Berta
hexaped
on 5/5/05 2:14 pm - Oak Harbor, WA
I don't know if you got an answser to this yet. I spoke with UofW just a week ago. They told me that they were not renewing their contract with tricare at the end of June.
LisaAnn
on 5/5/05 6:19 pm - WA
Thank you! I also called UW and they basically told me the same thing. Although I have not been approved for surgery, I have been approved for the consulation and tests. The surgery approvals will be on a case by case basis. The scheduling nurse seemed pretty optimistic that I'd still be approved. We will see! My tests are all scheduled for May 24 & 25. Berta, who is doing your surgery. Dr. Oelschlager is doing mine. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. I wish you the very best!!!! Lisa
Most Active