Century Club snuck up on me!

sspev
on 4/29/05 8:08 am - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Hello everyone! Life has been so busy, and I don't get to be on this board much anymore. However, I had my 6-month post-op with Dr. Hunter on Wednesday, and I'm down 100.5 lbs! Woo-hoo -- I hit the Century Club and didn't know it until they weighed me in @ the office! Further, I'm not any longer morbidly obese, and I'm not obese either -- just overweight -- I couldn't believe it, I started crying when she told me! Further research leads me to believe that according to most tables I'm still obese -- but it doesn't really matter at this point, because I have the experience that my weight is dropping, my body is shrinking, and these will continue, and soon I will be a normal-size person, no matter what category that is! My surgery was 11/2/04, so my actual 6-month anniversary will be Monday. According to my op report, my official pre-op weight was 303; and Wednesday I tipped their scale @ just 202.5. I really want to get under 200, but that will come shortly -- in the meantime, Century Club is good, too! Even better is all the things I can do now, that I couldn't do for several years before my surgery. A couple of examples: Right now we're visiting with our son and grandsons in Oregon. My husband and I went this morning to the boys school, to spend some time in each of their classrooms. The kindergartner had music, we went along, and they played a game like musical chairs, but just dancing and running, and then stopping quickly when the music stopped. Can you believe I played the game -- I could move my body -- trotting back and forth, not getting breathless and the floor didn't cave in, either! The other day I went into a grocery store, did NOT get a cart to push through the store so I could lean on it while I was shopping, but did pick up 3 6-packs of diet soda, and carried them in my arms up to the check-out line, and waited in line holding the 3 6-packs, and them carried them in one grocery bag out to my car -- I could never have done that 6-months ago! If you're a medical candidate for RNY, but you're unsure whether or not it's the right choice, go for it -- your life will be changed, in so many more ways than you can ever imagine. For me, it's just the little, everyday things that I can do so much more easily now -- that I never even thought of before. God is so good and gracious -- Celebrate life! Susan PS -- My son has taken 6-month pics of me with his digital camera, so I'll get them posted shortly. I got my hair cut short so I can get my pool workouts in with less hassle -- no longer necessary to have more hair to balance my fat face . . .
Tammy _.
on 4/29/05 1:51 pm - Puyallup, WA
Congrats, Susan, you are amazing! One hundred pounds in 6 months is astounding. I love how you appreciate all of the "little things" that this surgery has enabled you to do. How lucky for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us updated! Tammy
lilchickad
on 4/30/05 2:02 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Susan! CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work. I was surprised to hear that the century club "snuck up" on you, as I am a daily weigher. I know, I know...not a wise thing, especially since my weight loss has slowed to about a pound a week, but heck, I am addicted to the scale, what can I say? Again, keep up the good work, and soon you will be at goal! YOU GO GIRL! Laura
lhasaraptormom
on 5/4/05 2:58 am - Spokane, WA
Susan!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! As one who was working out with you and church I realize how the weight impacted your life. I am so glad that you lost all that weight and you can do allot of fun things now. May the Father continue to bless you. Jean
JustHat
on 5/6/05 1:34 pm - NM
Woohoo Susan! I am so happy for you. I wish I could be there to see the new you. Hat
Most Active