Finally doing it.

harv
on 4/25/05 4:58 am - Bothell, WA
I've got my date. It's May 6, 2005. I'm going through the Wish Center, Dr. Jeffrey Strain. I've been trying to have the surgery done for 4 years. Was denied when I lived in Beaverton Oregon through Kiaser...even went as far as hiring Walter Lindstrum with no avail. Since I've been up here in the Seattle area, I tried with Premera Blue Cross and was also denied. It's a big exclusion on our policy. So I have finally been able to save up enough money to have it done. Now I'm getting nervous. Geez
kristibo
on 4/25/05 10:15 am - Redmond, WA
Congratulations!! I remember being plenty nervous before surgery, but it has been one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I also had surgery through the WISH Center and Dr Strain was my surgeon. He did a great job, came to visit me each day in the hospital and I have had no complications. Best of luck to you! Kristi
JustHat
on 4/25/05 1:27 pm - NM
Congratulations on finally seeing your dream come to life. With the determination that you have shown in getting this surgery, it is too bad the insurance company won't help you out. Don't forget to update your profile to show your date. Hat
Hope A.
on 4/26/05 9:04 am - Port Orchard, WA
Harvey, Congratualtions! I tried to get the lap band through Regence Selections and it was denied as "investigational" so I am scheduled for the RNY open bypass May 25, 05...talk about NERVOUS. But if you are like me...your health is on the line and it is worth taking the leap of faith for a better future. My ex sister-in-law had the lapband done in 2000 before the FDA approved it. She went to Mexico...NO complications at all. She is followed by Dr. Ross Fox in Tacoma. She has lost about 150 pounds and currently weighs about 180. She eats whatever she wants even candy, but just in very small amounts. She didn't even have to miss work except for the trip she was in and out the same day. Good Luck....I will check back after May 06,05....you need to write that date down somewhere safe because that is the day you begin your new, healthy life...
SouthernFancy
on 4/28/05 4:24 am - Bennettsville, SC
One comment you are an inspiration to me...Congrates Tina
Most Active