I think that i've finally turned the corner!!!!

Juliaaaa
on 4/22/05 9:50 am - puyallup, WA
HI Everyone!! Just a wuick note to tell you all that I think I have finally turned the corner! I am getting 3 protien shakes down a day now.. pluss ...GET THIS...I can eat a Ritz Cracker!! Yep you read it here first! Of course its mushed up before I swallow... but it STAYS down! It's been a week since I threw up and I'm thrilled. I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping me in their prayers and for being so kind to me during my frustrating 3.5 months post op. You guys are the greatest!! I do have one concern through.. I'm losing tons of hair! isnt' 60 grams of protien enough? Enquiring minds want to know Julia
Jerry W.
on 4/22/05 1:00 pm - Mount Vernon, WA
no you need at least another 20 grams and that would be putting you on the edge of touch and go when it comes to loosing your hair.. the biggest problem I have is I have dry dry skin and I have dandruf for the first time in my life....I guess it is from not eatting all the hi fat food anymore.... Good luck on keeping your hair Jerry
Tammy _.
on 4/23/05 12:50 pm - Puyallup, WA
Oh Julia, I sure hope that life gets easier for you. Hopefully, this is a great beginning to that. I hadn't realized that you were still so sick and unable to keep solid foods down. Keep the updates coming. God bless you, Tammy
JustHat
on 4/24/05 2:57 am - NM
Wow Julia, you have had a rough time of it. I just read your hospital notes. All of this happened during my big move. So, it is the first time. Thank goodness your feeling better. As for the hair, the damage has already been done. I am sorry to say you can't save it now. Just keep reminding yourself it will grow back. Just try and relax, let it cycle through and enjoy your Ritz Crackers. Oh, and if you go to thinnerself, it will tell you how much protein you need. Hat
Juliaaaa
on 4/24/05 2:53 pm - puyallup, WA
Thanks for the info on thinnerself... it says that I'm getting enough protein.. but I think that when i was on TPN.. I wasn't.. so your right.. the damage is done. (trying not to cry here...as i have hair down to my waist).... But as you said... it will grow back. At least I hope so. Oh and I wanted to say congratulations! I saw your pic and you look GREAT!!! I'm sooo happy for you. You go girl (smile) Julia
JustHat
on 4/25/05 1:32 pm - NM
I cut off 12 inches right before our move. It just didn't look healthy. I was lucky to start off with really thick hair. So, even though it didn't look thin, it still needed to come off. They also say that overweight people tend to hide behind long hair. I don't know if this is true of you or not, but you might decide you want a shorter hair cut anyway even if you luck out and don't lose that much. Thanks for the complement. Wed. is my 9 month anniversary. It is so strange that just a year ago, I didn't even think I would be approved. And, now I have a whole new body. Hat
Most Active