Pre-op Orientation

auntlorlee
on 4/21/05 2:12 am - Bellingham, WA
Is finally scheduled! Yeah! I am soooo excited! My appt is June 3. I will get my surgery date that day which is generally 2 months later. So I think I am probably looking at an August 2005 date!! Whoo hoo!!! I am still in a bit of shock. Can't believe it is finally happening! Lori
PegRP
on 4/21/05 3:06 am - Bellingham, wa
Congrats to you! It has been a long time coming. Best wishes to you and your family. Peg
auntlorlee
on 4/21/05 3:20 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Peg. Your support means alot to me and my family. Sorry I haven't been coming to the meetings. I felt very judged with everything that went on in the Yahoo Group. I just feel like we can't truly speak our minds without getting criticized. And I never felt welcome by certain people. I might make it back there eventually but for right now, I just can't. I might say something to **** someone off. Take care of yourself! Lori
Cele W.
on 4/21/05 7:17 am - Eastsound, WA
Lori, Congrats on finally getting things moving. You have really had a long haul of it to get to this point. It does sound as if you have gotten most of the work done - it was just a matter of getting some dates set with the surgeon. Your patience will eventually pay off and before you know it, the waiting will be over. Best wishes, Cele
auntlorlee
on 4/21/05 7:20 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks Cele! How are you doing since your surgery? Hope things are going well for you. Yes I have waited a while for this. But all my patience (or lack of!!!) has paid off finally. The only date I need now is the actual surgery date. I can't wait!!! Take care, Lori
V. T.
on 4/22/05 4:41 am - Kent, WA
Hello, I will be attending my GHC pre-op orientation on May 20. I am excited about this. I guess my surgery date will be sometime in July. I have been looking forward to this part of the journey. I know it is the right thing for me to do. I desire to fulfill all the days appointed to me on this earthly journey. I look forward to the days of walking without pain, dancing before the Lord, riding a bike again, doing my own pedicure if I want to, and of course, fitting into the seatbelt of an airplane & movie theatre seats. These are a few things I look forward to. Thanks for letting me share. Totalsurrender
Mari J
on 4/22/05 3:41 pm - Kent, WA
Veronica, I wish you the best with your WLS. We are all in this together. But please follow the rules of this forum which state that there should be "NO religious discussions, please!" (or comments!) I believe the Yahoo group has the same rule. I hope to not offend you or anyone by this request and I hope that you will not offend me or others by continuing this. Thank you, Mari
JustHat
on 4/22/05 4:21 pm - NM
While the rules do say, "NO 'religious' discussions, please!", they don't say that references are against the rules. And, they make no mention of "comments!" You don't have to look very far to see that someone is offering a prayer or saying "God bless." I guess if it really became an issue, then we could have an OH member clarify "discussion" for us. But, when I look up the word, it comes back as "an exchange of views on some topic." So, we are discussing if we can reference religion or not, but we haven't been discussing religion. Anyway, congrats on getting the ball rolling. It is going to be an exciting year for you. Hat
vanessam
on 4/26/05 3:49 am
Lori Loo...that is so wonderful! Can't wait to hear how the pre-op appointment goes. Thanks for the offer on the numbers. I did make an appointment for May 18 to find out about my tummy tuck. We will see. I am hoping my insurance will cover it, if not it could be a pipe dream right now. Thanks again for your support and CONGRATS! ~V.
Most Active