Spokane Lap Banders?

Ruthie B. B.
on 4/16/05 3:02 am - Spokane, WA
Hi! Are there any lap band support groups in the Spokane area? I'm going to have Lap Band surgery but just trying to figure out where. I'm looking into going to mexico but am worried about how to get aftercare. I'm wondering if anybody in the Spokane area does lap band for a reasonable price? Any help would be appreciated! I'd love to hear from other Spokane Lap Banders. thanks!
chloe
on 4/16/05 1:02 pm - Spokane, WA
I am hoping to be a Spokane Lap-Bander. I'm definitely in Spokane, & am researching my options at this time. To my knowledge the only local doctor who performs the Lap-Band surgery is Dr. Pennings at Surgical Bariatrics Northwest in Post Falls. I Hope that helps!
Dennis H.
on 4/20/05 3:20 pm - Tri Cities, WA
I talked to Dr Penningtons office and he is trained to do the lapband but actually has not performed on yet. I am working with Surgical Weight Loss Clinic in Tacoma. I am hoping to hear from the insurance soon, and then I will be getting banded. I am from the Tri cities but looked into who can do it in Spokane. Let me know what you find out if anything different. Dennis
Barbara S.
on 4/21/05 12:40 am
Hi Ruthie, I will be moving to Spokane from Lancaster, CA in a few weeks. I just had lap-band surgery in Mexico with Dr. Kuri 3 days ago and had an excellent experience. I understand your concerns about aftercare, however. I intend to have my first fill done by Dr. Kuri (he will do all of your fills for free - but of course, you have to get there). Dr. Fox in Tacoma also does fills for Dr. Kuri's patients but there is a charge. I don't know if there is anyone in Spokane who does them. Barbara
joy J.
on 4/21/05 8:17 am - Wa
DR. NEAL IN OLYMPIA DOES OUT OF THE COUNTRY BANDSTERS , AND HE ALWAY USES THE FLUROSCOPE. HIS PRICE IN 350.00 THAT INCLUDES THE USE OF THE FLUROSCOPE,AND FREE ADJUSTMENT IF IT'S WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE FILL. WHILE DR. KURI DOES THE FILLS FOR FREE, THE COST OF AN AIRLINE TICKET, THE 70.00 HE NOW CHARGES FOR THE FLUROSCOPE, AND IF YOU'RE PLANNING TO STAY OVER NIGHT (LIKE I WILL BE DOING ON THE 28TH OF THIS MONTH) THE COST OF THE HOTEL, AND THE EXPENSE OF TRAVLING ACROSS AND BACK TO AND FROM THE BORDER REALLY IS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE DRS. IN THE STATES NOW.I JUST FOUND DR.NEAL YESTERDAY,BUT I HAD ALREADY BOOKED MY FLIGHT TO MEXICO!!! I'LL USE DR. NEAL FOR MY 2ND FILL.GOOD LUCK.
Ruthie B. B.
on 4/24/05 12:26 pm - Spokane, WA
Thanks everybody for posting! It looks like I will be going to Mexico and doing my follow up care in Tacoma or Olympia. We should start a Spokane support group one of these days!
Most Active