Support groups for post op patients in Seattle?

Melinda J.
on 4/15/05 12:17 pm - Seattle, WA
I am now 10 days post op from my surgery. I am really struggling with some of the mental hunger as well as just needing some support. I called my surgeon's office, Dr. Thirlby and they said they are sure there are local meetings of Baratric Patients. Virginia Mason is organizing one for May 5th at 6:00 PM in their Human Resource area of the hospital, so the nurse told me. Are you all aware of any meetings or support groups I could get involved with? Melinda Seattle
redtweter
on 4/21/05 4:42 am - Four Oaks, NC
Hi Melinda I only have one suggestion. Not sure where you live, but I would HIGHLY recommend going to Michelle, Vitalady. The people at here meetings are informative including her. She has gone thru all of it and can really help. I was a Dr. Hunter patient and she helped me before surgery and after. Now that I have moved, I really miss her meetings and listening and talking to all the pro's that are 5-10 yrs post-op. They have gone thru it and understand and there is a nice mixture of recent post-ops to oldtimers....lol. Check our her website. (www)vitalady.com Hope this helps you out! ~Loretta
Most Active