ENERGY. Where? What? When?

dianaism
on 4/15/05 4:08 am - Tacoma, WA
So where's all this energy I'm supposed to have now? I have had it in the past. I was amazed when I went hiking how much endurance I had. The last week or so, though, have been really dragging for me. I even came to work with yesterday's makeup on. I put it on late yesterday around 6:00 pm to go to a "sorority" meeting and it still looked OK this morning. I just had to touch up under my eyes a little and add lipstick. Wi**** were that easy getting ready for work every morning. Maybe I should start putting it on before I go to bed so I don't have to do it in the morning while Jake's running around getting into everthing and driving me crazy and making me behave like a bad mom ! Can I go home and go back to bed? Love Diana
lilchickad
on 4/15/05 4:36 am - Bonney Lake, WA
Hi Diana, Are you getting all your vitamins and protein in? I ask because I notice a big difference when I start slacking on my eating protein in how I feel. Although, I must admit, I do not have the energy now that I did when I was very first postop. Try some caffeine...LOL I Know, I know, that is a very bad suggestion, but I will have some flat diet coke when I am REALLY needing a pick me up. People will probably pull my toenails out for suggesting that Hugs, hope you feel better! Laura
dianaism
on 4/16/05 4:30 am - Tacoma, WA
I think a lot has to do with this lousy weather we're having. I want to be outdoors hiking or something. I really want to start planting flowers. Don't you just love this time of year when all the spring flowers are blooming? I love it. I am working on getting more proteinl. I do have a problem forgetting my iron sometimes. I don't like the way my body reacts to caffeine now. I get way too wired, more like in my brain than physically, so now I drink decaf except I do still drink tea. I'm so glad they are predicting better weather for next week. Thanks Laura Love Diana
ncarter11
on 4/15/05 4:47 am - Edmonds, WA
Hi Diana! I find that there is a cycle of sorts to my low-energy days. My body seems to slow once every 4 weeks or so. For a long while I was in a 4 week cycle for WL too... every 4 weeks or so I'd have a bigger drop in weight. That seems to have ended now. Anyway, I encourage you to journal about your intake, exersize (just like in your profile) and note your energy levels and menstrual cycle too... you might see a pattern. Sometimes it takes our bodies a while to show symptoms... you might have had too little protein last week and this week you are feeling it. Have a great weekend! Nan
dianaism
on 4/16/05 4:37 am - Tacoma, WA
Thanks Nan. Like I said above I know the weather is a part of it too. But I agree I do need to get more protein. Sometimes I wish I could drink the shakes. It would be so much easier. It's a good thing I like tofu. I usually go through tons of tofu. Being Japanese, I'm used to having tofu in my diet. So they're saying it's supposed to be nice next week, perfect for our out-of-town guests and parents' 50th anniversary celebration. I now have a greater than symbol at the top lefthand corner of my diet/exercise table. I'll do a search to see if I can find it but if I don't, would appreciate your help. Thanks! Love Diana
JustHat
on 4/16/05 5:55 pm - NM
Hey Diana, why can't you do shakes? How about bars? Hat
dianaism
on 4/17/05 5:43 am - Tacoma, WA
My nutritionist said shakes/bars are OK once in a while, but my doctor/surgeon's philosphy, I guess you would say, is that we should be trying to get our protein from "real food" and not relying on the shakes. I think because more "solid" food in your pouch keeps you feeling full for longer. That's why we're not supposed to drink for 45 minutes after eating so that dense food stays in the pouch and keeps you full. Drinking soon after would wa**** down faster and make you hungry sooner. It makes sense to me, but sometimes it's really hard to follow. Love Diana
JustHat
on 4/17/05 3:22 pm - NM
OK I remembered someone having those guidelines. But, I couldn't remember who. If it weren't for my protein shakes and bars, I wouldn't be getting any food in me. I think I have one meal a day and the rest are bars and shakes. When I have lunch, it is like a quarter of a peanut butter sandwich. But, I can understand the logic behind your doc's advice. Hat
Most Active