any one ever use a individual health plan?

Toni R.
on 4/14/05 8:17 am - Pasco, WA
Hello i have been on this site for a few months now i have never posted. I have kaiser insurance but i have been denied twice now. Even though my insurance covers this surgery. My question is has any one had the surgery with an individual health plan like design benefits and incorperated? or how about Gaurdian? I am not going to have this kaiser for ever since its cobra ins. so i have to get different insurance and would like to find one on my own that will cover this surgery for me so i can have a life before my kids get to grown. I know you all know how i feel. if any one has any suggestions i would appreciate it very much. thank you Toni i live in the pasco tri cities area
Kelly O.
on 4/14/05 11:42 am - Cheney, WA
Hi Toni , I feel your pain! I don't have any advice for you but I really hope that you get the information that you need! I am also looking for a way to get coverage. Hang in there and good luck!! Kelly
Toni R.
on 4/14/05 2:20 pm - Pasco, WA
Hello Kelly, The designed benefits incorperated. will cover the surgery at 70% and then i would be responsible for the rest. Guardian will cover a % but i cant remember how much and they will pay the whole hospital bill and then the left over amount that is my responsability i can make payments to them over a 5 yr period. you can look both of these companies up on line. Let me tell you looking for insurance is not the easiest thing in the world to figure out. But according to these companies they will cover wls. thank you for writing me back. Good Luck to you and your success Toni
Melinda J.
on 4/15/05 12:27 pm - Seattle, WA
I totally feel your pain. I had considered the surgery for over 5 years, and no insurance policy ever covered it. Due to a turn of events it was a blessing in disguise to be laid off from one job and I was hired at Washington Mutual Banks - whos insurance fully covers the procedure. I have only been there 6 months, but 3 months in started the process with the insurance, and now here I am - 10 days post op. The insurance frustrations are huge and so painful and I am so sorry you have been denied. If it is a covered benefit, but you are being denied, what are they saying or what is the reason you were turned down? I would suggest that if it is covered and you meet the requirements you consider getting an attorney that deals in insurance issues. It might be worth it. What procedure are you wanting done? I know my Gastric Bypass Ruen-Y was fully covered, however, the lap band is not. Also, do not feel prey to some of these organizations like Northwest Weight Loss, where they try and get you to take out loans on your home, max your credit cards, etc. I was suggested this by them, and they were pushy. It was disgusting. Even the WISH center sort of took this approach. The hard sell seems really disturbing. I wish you good luck. I am sorry for your frustrations. Melinda Seattle
Most Active