Hope in Tacoma

Hope A.
on 4/7/05 9:48 am - Port Orchard, WA
Hi! Whoever is reading this will understand the feelings of desperation that brings a person to this point. I never expected to chose WLS as a solution to my obesity. It was way too radical, but here I am. I have lived in this obese body for too many years, I have missed too much of life. Recently my personal life has drastically changed...a divorce after 28 years of marriage and finding our my ex-spouse is gay and has been that way since before we married!!!! Needless to say this last year has been one of discovery, I have wanted to be healthy and strong for a long time, but when my life suddenly changed and I knew I had to take care of me. I started thinking about WLS. I have done a lot of reseach and decided on the lap band only to find that my insurer (Regence Selections) views the lap band as investigational and thus an exclusion of our bariatric benefit. Long story short with my health at stake I am ready for drastic measures....hence the gastric bypass. I have chosen the Evergreen Hospital to have the surgery as they specialize in bariatric surgery. My surgeon is Kelly Clinch of Kirkland. I like him he is up front about how a person's life changes with WLS, he is friendly and personable. I checked him out as far as being a surgeon and he has an excellent reputation. I have a pre-operative appointment scheduled for the 18th of April. I have come this far and I am ready and willing for the next phase in this journey of self discovery. What I would like is a support group via the Internet or a support group locally. Does anyone know of a support group in the Tacoma area? Well I guess I will post this message and see what happens! Hope in Tacoma
JustHat
on 4/7/05 12:20 pm - NM
Welcome! SW all know where your coming from. Up until you mentioned the divorce, you were putting my feelings from last year into words perfectly. Good for you for putting yourself first and working to make your life better rather than letting this life change eat you up. I know it must not be easy for you. Are you and the ex still friends? You have come to the right place for support. Good luck on your journey. Hat
Most Active